AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Did you wash & wax your Triumph Stag/2500/2000, or drive to a scenic viewpoint?
Fire it up for the first time after a rebuild or make an in-car or drive-by video?
Maybe it's just a nice day and you feel like using that fancy new camera...

Share photos or videos of your car in this topic!

Just scroll down to the reply section, and click Attachments to add photos to your post.

You can also copy & paste links to videos on Youtube, Vimeo, etc in your reply, and a video player will be automatically "embedded" in your post.

.... Don't forget to add your car to the Registry too, and be part of our virtual car show!

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts

Attachments:
1971_Triumph_Stag_Maroon_Don_Nicholls_000.jpg    58.3 KB
1971_Triumph_Stag_Maroon_Don_Nicholls_000.jpg

mikejapp Avatar
mikejapp Mike Japp
Pensacola, FL, USA   USA
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Yellow Kamennari"
1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Speed Racer"
1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Blue Lighting" ~ For Sale ! ~
2005 GMC Envoy "Rhino"    & more
Three weekends ago I drove my 2000 Mk1 to my local club's annual British car show. Since I am the photographer, my car's picture was taken first before the other guys had a chance to hang our banner on the bus. Then I was able to park my car in the right spot and photograph the rest of the cars as they came into the park.

More photos are here:
Panhandle British Car Association, Pensacola, Florida, USA

Cheers,
Mike Japp
Pensacola
1977 Triumph Spitfire (owned since 1981)
1966 Triumph 2000 Mk1 auto

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
pbca2014-1.jpg    55.9 KB
pbca2014-1.jpg

Worcester, Worcestershire, UK   GBR
Just joined after stumbling across the site looking for info on gearboxes.

Attachments:
Triumph2000.jpg    25.5 KB
Triumph2000.jpg

richardh Avatar
richardh Richard H
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA   USA
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The White Elephant"
1968 Triumph 2000 MkI
Here's my '68 2000 estate. Purchased new by my grandparents in the UK, they brought it with them to New Zealand when they emigrated in the '70s. It was their daily driver until it was laid up last year. When there was talk of selling it, I (foolishly?) offered to keep it in the family, and so it's making its way to me in the US, hopefully to be back on the road soon.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
_MG_6036.jpg    52.8 KB
_MG_6036.jpg

Rustynold Mark Hunter
Niederkr├╝chten, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany   DEU
Hi,
Here's my Stag resting after a small hiccup on the motorway - dropped down from 70 to 55 mph and became clunky loud. Haven't had a chance to take the head off yet - anyone take a guess to what has happened?
I think the timing chain might have jummped and damaged a valve but the hole?

Attachments:
20160605_141421.jpg    74.9 KB
20160605_141421.jpg

20160604_144115.jpg    60.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20160604_144127.jpg    56.8 KB
franglais 73 Ian Bromehead
Chambery, Savoie, France   FRA
Wow lucky you. Hopefully its arrived by now and you enjoy its British sweetness and the admiring glances of surprised neighbours who'll die guessing the make.
Which engine does it have inside?

franglais 73 Ian Bromehead
Chambery, Savoie, France   FRA
Hello

When I was 17, I asked my Dad if I could learn to drive.
he said "..son, you either go out to get a job and pay for your lessons, or you can drive with me for a year every morning and evening when I go to work"
Being a lazy sod, I opted for the latter.
And so it was from September 1972 to May 1973 there was probably a drastic increase in heart attacks in my home town (Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK), as I attempted to steer clear of pedestrian going about their lives unknowing that a 17 yr old devil was about to plough them down.
I remember one fatal morning, my Dad nearly had a heart attack as I came down a hill, turned left into the sun and didn't see the lolliop lady in the middle of the road. People who're as old as me will remember these are the ladys you're meant to obey and stop to let children cross the road.
Blinded by the sun, I ploughed through, and probably reduced the younger population by a fine percentage judging by Dad's reaction. At least the kid's in question must have lost a lot of confidence in lollipop ladies on thar day,

My dad jumped every time he heard a door bell or police siren, wondering if they had traced us.
I guess he'd have been wary of every police officer looking at him from that day onwards, I never did ask him how he survived that day.
Although he did spend time in prison, that was years later as he worked to re-design and supervise the commissioning of new barred doors as a part of his late professional life.

Well those daily drives gave me an excellent opportunity to learn hands on what rush hour traffic meant.
But he ruined me.
Yes, everyday I was indulging in the sweet sound and smoothness of the Triumph 2000 6 cylinder beast. Ruined me for life, bless him. I can' drive anything smaller than a 6 cylinder without crying at the lack of power and the need to rev higher than 3000 RPM (motorbikes like Honda CM125 Custom put aside that is).
That may be a lot easier on the yank side of the pond, btu over here in France where I live, they drive around I weirdo, chicken shacks on wheels that have engine that fart all the way into the back seat. Jeez,
Few French man understand when I say when you going to go from A to B, why do you do it in style, not farting all the way. I mean what joy can there be listening to a 2 cylinder air dryer pulling the front wheels whilst you shout to your already deaf passenger who's hanging on for dear life given the amount of roll the CV provides. (this might sound like a provocative challenge to any French members. Yup, go ahead and prove me wrong, tell me what you drive).
Blessed is a 6 cylinder British smoothie. Only a BMW comes close (my work horse is a 325i 22 yrs old), maybe I'll give in a little if you drive a V6 Alfa, gotta have a shaft thoug, no front spinner mind you.

So now 43 years later, I have given in to Dad's legacy and acquired a fine Triumph model to take me back, and try to behave better than when I was long haired lout making his life a misery behind the wheel of his hard earned Triumph.
An emotional buy at least, she's now settled in for a steady restoration.

Photo 1 is how my son found her, dusty after being stored for 24years in the same position more or less. A Nov 1972 MK 2 2.5 PI with overdrive.

Driven by his grandpa (apparently alarmingly slowly), the seller told us his grannie got too old to get into it, so he sold it to his brother.
Our guy took it from his great uncle and kept it stored in dry condition until deciding to shed it.

Duly paid and loaded she was shipped from the norther tip of France by my son to his partner's garage.

He couldn't wait for me to get there and so decided to wash and scrub her. I think you'll agree she's sparkling.

We'll see what joys and headaches her insides provide us and we begin to restore the mechanics under the expert attention of his partner's company Berigaud Vehicle Anciennes (www.berigaudvehiculesanciens.fr) who are more used to re-starting old barn finds than I am.

So if you do go by St Junien, nr Limoges in the centre of France soon, stop by,
Thomas and team have some joys to show you as you'll se on their website.

Nonetheleast he's also restoring two Mk 1 2.5 PIs which are rarer than hair on my head these days
Ask him about his magic cooling fluid, relatively unknown to Frenchies, its a given for older cars. think about it why would you want your radiator and engine to rust from the inside. Make any sense to you?

Doubtless it'll take some time before she's tickles the rubber in the Limousin, sorta depends on my wife's patience when I get out the cheque book.
But just acquiring this makes me feel Triumph-ant (sorry)

I don't see many Triumphs clubs for other triumph examples than TRs in France. So I'll be looking around and scouting for British car enthusiasts in France to share a cuppa and stare admiring at their better halves. (On four wheels)

Attachments:
Pas de calais.jpg    30.9 KB
Pas de calais.jpg

IMG-20160615-WA0023.jpg    38.2 KB
IMG-20160615-WA0023.jpg    38.2 KB
IMG-20160618-WA0001.jpg    26 KB
krbohanan Keith Bohanan
Los Angeles, California, USA   USA
Washed & Waxed. Took it for a drive, and was worried I was going to get pulled over, and get a ticket for the Stag "Being too sexy in public" Yah, it's that sexy of a car.

Attachments:
sept2014 033.JPG    44.4 KB
sept2014 033.JPG

sept2014 031.JPG    48.4 KB
gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
In reply to # 1367970 by richardh Here's my '68 2000 estate. Purchased new by my grandparents in the UK, they brought it with them to New Zealand when they emigrated in the '70s. It was their daily driver until it was laid up last year. When there was talk of selling it, I (foolishly?) offered to keep it in the family, and so it's making its way to me in the US, hopefully to be back on the road soon.

Very cool car

I'm breaking a 68 Saloon so if'n you need something 68 specific, I might be able to help

Todd

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
And speaking of my buggies. The Commissar Car and what we like to call the Christmas car as the red trim will be transferred from the gray one to the green one. Along with, Stag brakes, Witor fast road springs and Superflex bushes, overdrive box and will be getting a fresh TR6 engine.

Attachments:
IMG_3007.JPG    61 KB
IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG    71.8 KB
tkrich Avatar
tkrich Tim Richardson
Vancouver, Washington, USA   USA
1971 Triumph Stag "Saffron"
1971 Triumph Stag "Saffron"
Here I am taking a parade lap at the Portland, OR race track, PIR. This is my 71 MK1 with the original engine running nicely.

Tim

Attachments:
Portland historics 3.jpg    46.4 KB
Portland historics 3.jpg

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, Washington, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
Here's my 2000 shortly after losing the diaphragm in the heater control valve, losing coolant and over heating. Bypassed heater and drove it home after it cooled and I added water.

Have almost all the parts required for an engine swap to a later 2L motor, fast road springs, and 15" mini lites. Stag brakes will happen eventually. Kyle

Attachments:
image.jpg    60.5 KB
image.jpg

twomanytriumphs Avatar
1977 MG MGB
Update. Just installed Chris Waiters progressive wound front springs and uprated rear springs. Then installed 15" replica minilites that came from a friends 62 Tr4 race car spares. Tires came from MGEXP last fall. Drives and rides nicely now. Next project on this one is updating the engine to a 69/70 gt6 engine. Intake came from Australia via Ohio. Kyle. Ps, fixed the leaking heater valve as well.

Attachments:
IMG_6764.JPG    52.2 KB
IMG_6764.JPG

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Man that looks good with those wheels!!

Personally I wouldn't fool with the GT6 engine...put the 2500 in it smiling smiley

Looks like TR4 ZS carbs are going on mine. They're not as deep as the TR6 carbs. I've worked out the linkage. You should be able to do the same

Todd

In reply to # 1452712 by twomanytriumphs Update. Just installed Chris Waiters progressive wound front springs and uprated rear springs. Then installed 15" replica minilites that came from a friends 62 Tr4 race car spares. Tires came from MGEXP last fall. Drives and rides nicely now. Next project on this one is updating the engine to a 69/70 gt6 engine. Intake came from Australia via Ohio. Kyle. Ps, fixed the leaking heater valve as well.

twomanytriumphs Avatar
1977 MG MGB
Thanks Todd! The GT6 engine I've got. and I sold the TR6 engine in bits and pieces. For about $400 I could get a stroker Gt6 engine, but it needs a cylinder head. Basically it's a .20 over Gt6 block with an early TR6 crankshaft. My friend bought it from me but couldn't figure out a flywheel so he got a different motor and rebuilt it. He did figure out that it would have be 12 to 1 in the configuration it came to me with. No idea on what came is in it either... Seems like a good idea for a spit6 conversion. Kyle.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster