AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ozkippy Michael Kip
Emerald, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1976 Triumph Stag "Staglet"
1978 Triumph TR7 "Yellow Wedge"
1979 Triumph TR7
A follow up on my tale of woe with no compression in one cylinder.
Pulled out my el cheapo leak down tester and strangely its an inlet valve that has failed in some way. thumbs down.
I went to my friendly mechanic guy to ask a few questions during which he mentioned the cost of putting in bigger valves, porting etc. Hmmmmm I shouldn't listen to tempters hahaha. It's entirely possible thats the way I shall go when a firm costing presents itself. The saga of Staglet continues moody smiley. Still looking on the bright side its better than a hole in a piston however caused.
Michael

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
krbohanan Keith Bohanan
Los Angeles, California, USA   USA
I washed it. Took it for a drive to the market, and picked up something cool to drink.

Attachments:
April 2014 242.JPG    45.3 KB
April 2014 242.JPG

krbohanan Keith Bohanan
A friend came over, we hung out. Probably set the record for "Most Stags Parked on the street" in the whole city of Los Angeles.
( It's Kevin and his Blue Stag with the 4 speed auto.)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
April 2014 148.JPG    42.8 KB
April 2014 148.JPG

sujitroy Avatar
sujitroy Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California, USA   USA
Had to resolve a knocking sound from the left hand side of the Stag.
Took the strut off, removed the spring and found that the threaded ring holding the shock insert had begun to undo and the shock was bouncing up and down. The previous person who worked on it, should have used lock-tight.

I don't have a special tool to remove the ring so used a hammer and a drift. Some distortion to the ring but reusable.

Sujit

May '71 Stag

sujitroy Avatar
sujitroy Sujit Roy
I did something similar.
I needed some parts off a parts car. I ended up buying it. This was also 12 years back. I still have it It was siting on the side of the house, but due to a house remodel, its in the driveway taking up space. Wife wants it gone, but can't seem to part with it. Over the years, I've procured enough parts, minus engine and gearbox, to put it back together.

Sujit
'71 Cupertino CA.

sujitroy Avatar
sujitroy Sujit Roy
I finally identified what was causing the knocking sound from the front left hand side of the car.
The nut holding down the shock in the strut was coming undone so the shock was bouncing.
The sound what I got was similar to that of a bad wheel bearing.

Sujit

krbohanan Keith Bohanan
It's time to do some brake repairs. Thought it was the master cyl. Put a new one in, still had issues. Sent away for the brake servo rebuild kit. My mechanic will be dealing with that job. Today I will probably wash the car, take it for a ride to grab a bite to eat.
I just felt like adding a few photos to get something new posted.
Car club meeting at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank, CA Lot's of TR6's and there is usually two Stag's.
On photo with two Stags, is Kevin from Burbank, and his Sexy Stag, with my Stag. How often do you see two stags parked on the street, from two different owners ?

Attachments:
Trower 100.JPG    61.6 KB
Trower 100.JPG

sept2014 036.JPG    57.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
sept2014 037.JPG    72.6 KB
April 2016 110.JPG    57.2 KB
accoj Avatar
accoj John Burley
Marsden, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1977 Triumph Stag
1977 Triumph Stag
1977 Triumph Stag
2004 Ford Falcon "My New Toy"    & more
Well its been a while the baby has been running OK then one night I went to a car gathering and all was well till I drove home about 10 miles into the trip the temp gauge went into the red I pulled up and it was steaming so I waited an hour and topped it up with coolant and drove the last couple of miles home when I got home I found I left a trail of green coolant which led to my house well the next week I pulled the manifold off and found loose bolts going to the head and on further inspection I found there were helicoils in nine out of the twelve bolt holes so I bought a new set and drilled them and tapped them and replaced them all with new ones now Im waiting for a set of gaskets to arrive from England and we will see what happens then
Ive also done some body work on the baby
bye for now

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
I'm assuming this applies to 2000s as well...

Swapping the 2-liter for a 2500. Did some prep work this weekend. I've a new appreciation for front engine plate gaskets or removing them. What a pain. Also cleaned up an early TR6 oil pan.

Also swapping all updated bits from my 68. It's rusty like crazy

Todd

Attachments:
IMG_3692.JPG    56.1 KB
IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG    78.7 KB
IMG_4176.JPG    74.4 KB
IMG_4177.JPG    53.8 KB
twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, Washington, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
That is a miserable, miserable job Todd. I decided to buy a second engine plate from CW to swap out with the gt6 one. I need to get the engine on the stand and pull the timing cover to see the timing chain and decide if it needs to be replaced. Been working on mgb and gt6 instead. Kyle

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
In reply to # 1434689 by twomanytriumphs That is a miserable, miserable job Todd. I decided to buy a second engine plate from CW to swap out with the gt6 one. I need to get the engine on the stand and pull the timing cover to see the timing chain and decide if it needs to be replaced. Been working on mgb and gt6 instead. Kyle

I have a second engine. ;-)

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
More work today. I gotta say I'm learning plenty in this process.

Plenty of differences between TR2000 and late TR6 engine

Attachments:
IMG_4186.JPG    51 KB
IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG    74.6 KB
IMG_4188.JPG    51.1 KB
IMG_4191.JPG    61.4 KB
gmin Avatar
gmin Glenn minucci
Lexington Park, Maryland, USA   USA
More parts arrived today for my upcoming chain, tensioner, gears change. Also have a Edelbrock 4 barrel carb and adapter plate, new MM and trans mounts to install.

1971 Triumph Stag
1980 Triumph TR7
1970 Jaguar E-Type 2+2
1987 Porsche 928 Strosek
1988 Porsche 928

gmin Avatar
gmin Glenn minucci
Lexington Park, Maryland, USA   USA
Replaced the timing chains, (German), tensioners (Rolon, had to trim the LH bank one), and all gears after work today.

Picked up my radiator Monday, had the neck repaired and it tested.

Need to get the front of the engine back together including the alternator and AC compressor. Also found a leaking rear wheel cylinder so I will need to get that replaced before the Briton's on the Green show Sunday!

Cheers, Glenn

1971 Triumph Stag
1980 Triumph TR7
1970 Jaguar E-Type 2+2
1987 Porsche 928 Strosek
1988 Porsche 928

fatsoula Philip M
Monroe, NC, USA   USA

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster