Triumph Stag Oil Cooler (RR1238 from Rimmer) spin on filter

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tierkat Louis L
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa   ZAF
I would appreciate any guidance regarding the type of spin on oil filter best suited to the Triumph Stag oil cooler (RR1238 from Rimmer Brothers). I cannot find any information to guide me.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sujitroy Avatar
sujitroy Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California, USA   USA
Hi I have something like this. I do not have an oil cooler.

BTW you have a Stag in South Africa?

RB7016

I'm yet to fit it, but others have recommended it

Sujit

Tierkat Louis L
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa   ZAF
Hi Sujit,

Good to hear from you. Yes, I had the oil cooler brought in from Rimmer Brothers in the UK to South Africa to make double sure that I am going to keep the engine cool. I have also had the radiator upgraded from 3 to 4 core. In the mean time I did find out from Rimmer which spin on oil filter I require to fit to the unit.

I have a Stag Mk I form 1971. It was a garage find with a blown V8 which I have had built up again as new and it is running beautifully. With the summer heat here, I just want to make sure it will run cool enough.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sagreenwoo Stuart Greenwood
San Diego, California, USA   USA
RR1238 spin on oil filter adaptor ( without oil cooler) is not for the Stag. This is a right angle adaptor you need a straight adaptor.
Look at RS1025 on the Rimmers site. You can buy the spin on adaptor and oil cooler sandwich plate as separate items you don't have to buy the complete kit. Just ask Rimmers by E mail what the part numbers are. I think that the sandwich plate is RB7016PLT
I would not use RS1025ALT which uses a modified oil transfer housing (RB7391). The oil pipes running from the housing are very close to the exhaust manifold.
The issue with fitting an oil cooler on a Stag is getting the oil pipes to the cooler positioned in front of the radiator. There are no holes through which the pipes can be passed so they have to go underneath the radiator mounting which makes them vulnerable to getting ripped off. For this reason I never fitted an oil cooler to my Stag.
I can sell you the spin adaptor with the oil cooler off takes ( which are new and never used) for half the RImmers price
Stuart

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster