AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

350/350 transplant
  This topic is about my 1972 Triumph Stag
stagitall Avatar
stagitall Paul Martin
Smallwood, NY, USA   USA
I purchased a stag with a 350/th350 transplant I need help locating a manufacturer or company
that has or can make an adaptor for the speedo. and tach.
any input would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Paul

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ugmw177 Mike Williams
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
I had a stag about 10 years ago that had a 4.3/350 THM installed. I was able to source the correct speedo drive gears...there are several online calculators that you can use to figure the need and then search GM speedometer gears for suitable dealers [they made a bunch of them].

As for the tach, it is electric and calibrated for a v8--should be the same if you have a 350--just use the negative lead on the coil for the pickup if standard ignition or use the "TACH" lead on the HEI Dist Cap if HEI.

stagitall Avatar
stagitall Paul Martin
Smallwood, NY, USA   USA
Mike, Thanks for the info, I will start my research and let you know how the story ends LOL

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dayton China Dayton Carpenter
Le Sueur, MN, USA   USA
I have the speedo bullets that can be used in GM transmissions but have the british speedo threads. I have done several 4.3 Chevy conversions in Stags and Spitfires.

Since the stag speedo cable on the transmission side was not a threaded type you need to use a MGB cable. With this set-up you can use your stag speedometer and chage out the GM plastic gear ends to dial in an accurate Speedometer reading. Please PM if you are interested.

Dayton

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster