Triumph 2000 in Eugene OR

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

clshore Carter Shore
Beverly Hills, Florida, USA   USA
NMNA, but if a Triumph lover doesn't take it, will probably be parted out or crushed.
It's much too rare and nice for such a fate.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/201x-classifieds/triumph-2000-in-eugene-or-spitsix-swap-donor/124697/page1/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Triumph Racer Avatar
Triumph Racer Patrick N
south bend, IN., USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4 "My First Triumph"
1962 Triumph TR4 "Big Red"
1964 Triumph TR4 "Ugly Duckling"
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV    & more
Kyle,(twomanytriumphs) should be all over this. It is practically in his backyard.

Sometimes you succeed,other times you learn.

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, Washington, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
Carter.... Your evil. Kyle.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Triumph Racer Avatar
Triumph Racer Patrick N
south bend, IN., USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4 "My First Triumph"
1962 Triumph TR4 "Big Red"
1964 Triumph TR4 "Ugly Duckling"
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV    & more
So Kyle,does the wife know what you want for Christmas now?grinning smiley

Sometimes you succeed,other times you learn.

twomanytriumphs Avatar
1977 MG MGB
Yup! 2000 parts. I ordered them a month or so ago. Ended up with progressive wound uprated 1" lowering springs, a new stainless head pipe, a pinion seal, and a new to me flywheel. This is to swap a gt6 mk2 engine into the car. Then I'll install the 15" minilites and new booster and drive it! Kyle.

twomanytriumphs Avatar
1977 MG MGB
I think this one is headed to Ohio like the last one that left oregon. Kyle

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
In reply to # 1424082 by twomanytriumphs I think this one is headed to Ohio like the last one that left oregon. Kyle

Almost getting to be a thing smiling smiley

Chandlergti Adam C
Findlay, Ohio, USA   USA
I bought it, and it arrived this morning. I've not owned a Triumph before but a string of Rabbits, Datsun Roadsters, Corvettes and Porsches make this something new and different. I really like the size and styling and hope to not make a hash of it!

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
In reply to # 1425768 by Chandlergti I bought it, and it arrived this morning. I've not owned a Triumph before but a string of Rabbits, Datsun Roadsters, Corvettes and Porsches make this something new and different. I really like the size and styling and hope to not make a hash of it!

I'm gonna say they're not the fastest things on the road, but the front seats recline all the way, they have rear heat channels, indicators on the b-post, stirrups er uh hand grips...all for 1967

tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
Chandler,
WELL DONE!!! Very glad to hear you have taken this on.

Most everything said on the GRM board was correct, save for changing the front and back plates and the sump if you wanted to put a 2.5 in.
That is true for a 2L or a 2.5 from a saloon or TR5/6 to fit it into a "small chassis" Triumph, one Herald based, but not for the saloon.
And the saloon has a one piece gearbox, unlike said small chassied cars.

Triumph used the 2L/2.5L saloons for rallying, and Paul Newman for racing. Long thread here about his, "Le Taxi": http://clubtriumph.eu/cgi-bin/forum10/Blah.pl?m-1202395099/s-90/

As Carter said, a 2.5L can make a difference to a car heavier than a Herald, but as it stands it a great motor. Often discussed on the above UK message board: http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/forum10/Blah.pl/Blah.pl?b-2000/ and it has it's own Register where experts live: http://triumph2000register.co.uk/

Good luck!
John

twomanytriumphs Avatar
1977 MG MGB
Slow? Mine will cruise at 80 and be plenty comfortable. I enjoy driving mine when I can. I'm in the process of swapping a later 2.0 into mine. But lack of carbs will stop me for a bit, but only to finish the gt6. Going to put fresh antifreeze back in it and put a new heater control valve on it and drive it. Kyle

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
In reply to # 1425952 by twomanytriumphs Slow? Mine will cruise at 80 and be plenty comfortable. I enjoy driving mine when I can. I'm in the process of swapping a later 2.0 into mine. But lack of carbs will stop me for a bit, but only to finish the gt6. Going to put fresh antifreeze back in it and put a new heater control valve on it and drive it. Kyle

Lack of carbs? I got carbs

And yes, they're slow. Yes, mine would go 80, but getting there may've taken longer than a 2.5. They called me captain slow for a reason. Of course I was the one with the giant cooler in the back seat

twomanytriumphs Avatar
1977 MG MGB
I wonder if mine has to do with swapping the auto out? I've never taken the time to figure out what ratio the rear diff is. I think I'm going to put float bowl gaskets on the carbs I've got. I'd rather have adjustable jets, but run with what you've got, they have good shafts and are clean!

Kyle.

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Did the 2000 come with Strombergs or SU's in the U.S. ?

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
In reply to # 1427924 by Tonyfixit Did the 2000 come with Strombergs or SU's in the U.S. ?

Zeniths

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 Triumph Spitfire

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links