soft top locking handles

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

leejohn7 John Howard
Corte Madera, USA   USA
Having the devil of a time locking down the soft top frame. The car came with only the left side handle, and it's insertion finger is pointed. The hardtop's handles are blunt, as shown in the parts manual and the Rimmers catalog. The pointed one snugs down, but the blunt one does not.
Does anyone else have those pointy handles? Looks like they are even more unavailable than the blunt ones. Maybe the sockets for each are different, so If I got new sockets from Rimmers might the blunt handles work?

Any ideas or comments?

Many thanks

John Howard

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tkrich Avatar
tkrich Tim Richardson
Vancouver, Washington, USA   USA
1971 Triumph Stag "Saffron"
1971 Triumph Stag "Saffron"
John,

There is one on eBay right now for about $40.

Mine are the blunt ones and they are really difficult to latch. I have thought of trying a couple of the pointed ones. I think that they were for the hardtop.

Robin Stag Silver Member Robin Searle
Brechin, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi John and Tim,
Just to let you know that the locking handles fitted to the Stag are exactly the same ones that were fitted to the TR7 and TR8, I am presently building a Surrey Top for my Stag, at first had difficulty locating Stag locking handles but then found out that the other two TRs used the same ones then found a number of them for sale.

Robin.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster