AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Oil cooler
  This topic is about my 1971 Triumph Stag
sagreenwoo Stuart Greenwood
San Diego, California, USA   USA
I want to add an oil cooler to my Stag. I want to fit the cooler in front of the radiator. But there doesn't appear to be any satisfactory way of getting the oil pipes to the oil cooler. I don't want the pipes going under the radiator cross member and then up through the under tray because they could get torn off if anything was lying in the road and I ran over it.
Has anybody come up with a satisfactory method of routing these pipes?
Stuart

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
I'm sorry I can't help with the pipes. But please, check your oil temperatures before fitting a cooler.

On a road car it is very unlikely that your oil temps are excessive. Cooler oil than optimal is not good. Some Extreem pressure and cleaning additives added to modern oils are not activated untill the temps rise into the region of 180f. Your engine oil will also need to rid itself of contaminating moisture.

Running temps can be monitored via a thermocouple in place of the dipstick, if you do not wish to fit a permanent oil temp gauge.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster