WHAT IS THE STAG WORTH?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

GOT-ALL-4 Larry H
Mecca, OH, USA   USA
Looked at this stag last week. Pics I was sent looked good but you know how that goes. Anyway the Stage engine and tranny are gone and replaced with a Buick 220 V6. Tranny is supposed to have 100 miles on rebuild. Although it seems solid there is some surface rust in some places and very crusty rust on the top of the wheel arches on the front fenders. Paint is poor and has small what looks like solvent pops all over but it's single stage. Interior is filthy and rough in places. Started quickly and idled smooth. Didn't drive it because of weather and time. New convertible top installed however he said there are some parts missing that need installed that hold the top to the windshield frame. Rebuilt steering rack too. What do you think?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
stag1.jpg    49 KB
stag1.jpg

stag2.jpg    61.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
stag3.jpg    53.5 KB
stag4.jpg    45.5 KB
GOT-ALL-4 Larry H
Mecca, OH, USA   USA
more

Attachments:
stag7.jpg    49.9 KB
stag7.jpg

stag6.jpg    58.3 KB
stag5.jpg    54.3 KB
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Sure not worth much IMO.

I'd at least want a test drive before spending any money. I drove one once that had a pushrod motor in front of a 3 speed auto box & Stag differential; it seemed very unhappy on the freeway to me. Like driving around in low gear all the time. The Stag OHC V8 doesn't seem to mind so much (tho I'm glad I've got OD in mine) but that pushrod motor seemed like it was straining all the time. Had good pickup, though.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Luckless Pedestrian Avatar
Pepperell, MA, USA   USA
I'll second the "not worth much" opinion... the swap to a Buick V6 and mystery tranny drops the value significantly... and that would make it only a parts proposition for me. Overall the car looks to be needing much. This is something I would pick clean for my needs and then pass it on (hopefully) to someone who needs the rest... my price would depend on how much is there that I would need/want...

Jim.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster