Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

sujitroy Avatar
sujitroy Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California, USA   USA
With my usual forum offline for a month or so, Triumphstag.net it's becoming a bit difficult to get and give Stag advise these days.

My Stag developed a knocking noise from the left strut. A complete strip down of the strut reviled that the special threaded ring holding the shock in place started to undo. The previous person who changed the shock should have used lock-tight on the special threaded ring.

Sujit

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Hi Sujit. Fraid I haven't touched a Stag since 2008 when I decided there was no way I could have either of them ready in time for TRfest 2009. But the replacement mainshaft for Stag #2 did finally come in, so hopefully I can get back to it in a year or two.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

Greg Taylor Avatar
Veradale, Washington, USA   USA
1959 Triumph TR3A "Rita"
1973 Triumph Stag "Harry"
Happy New Year All,

If you are going to enjoy your Stag, it is kinda hard not to work on them yourself. (Unless you have the resources of say a Jay Leno, but then he works on his cars too).

GT

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Luckless Pedestrian Avatar
Pepperell, MA, USA   USA
I work on mine... lots smiling smiley ...In between projects on my GT6 and TR6....

Not sure if I could find someone else that would work on it...

Jim.

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
...quit working on mine over 10 years ago, now it sits in the barn going to merde'

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, Washington, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
I quit working on my moms after I spent 2.5 years getting it from basket case to roadworthy. I learned a lot about restorations and how to rebuild something via repair manuals, parts catalogs, and a second Stag that was a god send... Shouldn't have sold the second one, it was a good car! Kyle.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster