TRExp

Herald & Vitesse Forum

What did you do with your Herald/Vitesse today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

cut Avatar
cut Steve Rains
Springfield, Arkansas, USA   USA
That's a bunch of money brother. The repair shop took both tanks off and run rods through the cores. Then boiled it out and re-assembled it. I should receive the new rear valance and lower sills next week. Woo Hoo!

Cheers,
Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
hearditallbefore Avatar
Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK   GBR
Picked up a rebuilt TR6 short engine for £60 recently ($85).
Guy bought it for the head and didn't want the bottom end.eye popping smiley

Pleased? You bet!

Swatting the yellow jackets away from the Triumph apple of truth…

67Piper Phil G
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand   NZL
Today I replaced my water pump.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Honestwelsh Colin H
Bridgend, Wales, UK   GBR
Spent the week looking for a new pair of roto flex couplings on eBay, with intensions of getting all I need to do the job when the temperature goes up a few degrees, bought a home made retention bar to take the tension off the leaf Spring , the same person. Sold me pair of couplings, not metalastic unfortunately but will do the job for now, not looking forward to doing this work listening to some of the problems you might have, looking at present for a heavy duty large jubilee clip to get the bolts from the doughnut couplings
a bit easier as I do not want to cut them off, heard nightmare story's about removing the bolts from the wishbone, we will see,

Dadsturn Avatar
Dadsturn Platinum Member Ed M
Cicero, New York, USA   USA
Finally got the keys this past weekend to a heated space that a friend of mine is letting me use for the purpose of tearing down and restoring my '64 1200. I bought a frame earlier this year and it now sits in a rather crowded space. Not ideal conditions but better than nothing. First task is to consolidate the owners accumulation and make some working room. Next task is to start a journal.

1964 Herald 1200 Convertible
1966 Chevy Bel Air
Got it covered. A Land Yacht and a Dingy!

Andrewhurstca Avatar
Andrewhurstca Andrew Hurst
Port Williams, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
1961 Mini MkI "The Mini"
1965 Triumph Herald 1200 "The Herald"
I remember that stage. One nice thing about Heralds is that they are essentially a "factory kit car". It all comes apart easily and most bits and assemblies can be taken elsewhere for working on in a more suitable space. I commandeered a large section of our unfinished basement for the non-body work. Photos are free now, so no excuse for not taking lots as you take things apart. Ziploc bags are awesome for storing hardware and brackets in labelled logical groupings, and lots of shelf space is still not enough! The hardest part that I can remember was the door window assemblies - what an ordeal! Have fun (that's what its all about)!

quikrx Ralph Hansen
Antioch, Illinois, USA   USA
1962 Triumph Herald 1200
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Gloria"
1987 Mazda RX-7 "Mistress"
2003 Toyota Celica GT-S "Natasha"    & more
ok, so after a long discussion, many times over, my wifel unit and I have agreed on the project colors, her 62 Herald ragtop will be signal red with black, my 69 Spit will be royal blue with black and our GT6+ will be old English white with tan

Honestwelsh Colin H
Bridgend, Wales, UK   GBR
Not sure what colour to palnt my 1970 2litre mk2 vitesse which is mint in all other aspects, then I thought no I will leave it exactly as it is with many scratches and blobs of original celelose paint, theory being what you see is what you get, After all they have never painted the pyramids? Paint is like Botox, it just hides the truth! Colin, Honestwelsh

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
In reply to # 1429268 by quikrx ok, so after a long discussion, many times over, my wifel unit and I have agreed on the project colors, her 62 Herald ragtop will be signal red with black, my 69 Spit will be royal blue with black and our GT6+ will be old English white with tan

All winners, Ralph! thumbs up

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

Euclid64 Avatar
Euclid64 Mike B
Scottsdale, AZ, USA   USA
It is good Tr weather now, Arizona. too hot in the summer. So filling the engine with new oil, add in some gas to the tank. (drained during the Summer). See if the battery needs charging. Then start up.
As from the Rules of the Knight. "Patience --- We will see"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-29 02:22 PM by Euclid64.

quikrx Ralph Hansen
Antioch, Illinois, USA   USA
1962 Triumph Herald 1200
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Gloria"
1987 Mazda RX-7 "Mistress"
2003 Toyota Celica GT-S "Natasha"    & more
well, it wasn't today but, last Saturday placed my 1st order with Rimmer's for a few metal pieces - order arrived in good nick Thurs afternoon, what service! - now, try to make some room in the garage to find the chassis and start the rebuild - long way to go but, as they say, any progress is good progress, we'll see how much I can get done on the wifel unit's Herald in the next month if anything

Euclid64 Avatar
Euclid64 Mike B
Scottsdale, AZ, USA   USA
Hey Ralph, I saw you live in Antioch. Funny there is a Guy. Mike, has a race car shop in Antioch did a lot of welding on my Roll Bar. At the time we lived in Prospect Heights, and I was a member of ISOA the Tr. club in Illinois. After droping off the Roll Bar and picking it up, my fellow Member, Al and I would stop by Antioch Meats and pick up some stakes (get the free dozen eggs with purchase of meat). Good memories. If you are not a member of ISOA suggest your join, a lot of great people in the Club. I was the 1st Treasurer back in about 1971. Myself and about 4 or 5 other guy started the Club, it is still growing.
let me know if you have any questions. attached a pic of myself and a neighbor that was helping repair one of my side skirts ( ground effects) to my Sport 6. Michael

Attachments:
ron and Mike 4-2017 Scottsdale,AZ.jpg    45.9 KB
ron and Mike 4-2017 Scottsdale,AZ.jpg

TomMull Thomas Mulligan
Strafford, NH, USA   USA
I was at Hemmings on Thursday for the cruise in. It's a muscle thing mostly. I was there with an old friend and his 69 AMX. He lives nearby and is the original owner of th AMX. I only mention this as I was the odd car out in the Herald, one of a handful of LBCs in 140+ field. (Nice woody Minor wagon got the British prize).

I was amazed by the number of new or newish muscle cars in attendance. Sine the cars are parked in the order they arrive I happened in between a new Ferrari 812 and a Shelby GT500 of the same vintage. When we all fired up to leave at the end, the Mustang gave us a blast on the pipes. The Ferrari followed with one that would have made it's Formula one ancestors seem tame. This was done several time to the delight of the crowd.

Finally, not being able to resist, at each lull I punched the throttle on the Herald. I don't think anybody noticed but I was smiling ear to ear.

Tom

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
Darn! I've been meaning for years to try to get to one of those Hemmings Cruise-Ins. With my work schedule, it just never seems to happen. But if I'd known you were going to be there, I'd have tried harder to get there myself. As it happens, a friend of mine was there, took some pictures of your car and posted them to Facebook!

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

buffy666 Robert Eckersley
Warrington, cheshire, UK   GBR
Vitesse mk1 convertible overdrive.Replaced core plug, corroded fuel pipe, cleaned sparkplugs, points, and dizzy cap contacts new fuel and started it up,First time in over 30 years nice to here her run, Sad to say it now has to go, taking up space in my workshop,needs lots of floor panel repairs due to leaking garage roof.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster