TRExp

Herald & Vitesse Forum

What did you do with your Herald/Vitesse today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 1293298 by Andrewhurstca If it was in the last place I looked, I wouldn't still be looking now would I?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I'm at the point in life where I tend to keep looking...just in case something else shows up. winking smiley

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
quikrx Ralph Hansen
Antioch, Illinois, USA   USA
1962 Triumph Herald 1200
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Gloria"
1987 Mazda RX-7 "Mistress"
2003 Toyota Celica GT-S "Natasha"    & more
if you're still looking then you have not looked at the last place....have you?

to make you feel better I did something similar recently, spent 35 mins looking for my eyeglasses, around the cars, parts, under, over, in boxes, in the house, back to the garage, back to the house, on and on, well they turned up, on my face where they belonged

triumfan David Finkelstein
Fernandina Beach, Florida, USA   USA
1974 Jensen Healey "Yellow Peril"
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Little Red"
I took a look at the two wiring harnesses that came with the car. One was installed and the other was a "replacement in perfect shape". It turns out that both of them had a white wire near the center of the harness that was completely melted. I decided to deconstruct the two harnesses into separate bags of colored wire. In the process I was able to salvage some single and double and even triple connectors, a few bulb holders, and most of the wires. Now I can wire my new electric stuff with the proper color coded wire...I hope

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Andrewhurstca Avatar
Andrewhurstca Andrew Hurst
Port Williams, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
1961 Mini MkI "The Mini"
1965 Triumph Herald 1200 "The Herald"
If you have not already done so, you should find and fix whatever was drawing all of that current on the white circuit!

In other news, I found my missing rad hose! Last night I armed myself with a brighter flashlight and some fresh determination, and after 10 minutes found it on the floor, in a corner of the garage, hidden under and behind some brooms!

cut Avatar
cut Steve Rains
Springfield, Arkansas, USA   USA
Hiya folks

I found a set of tatty alloy rims from a Lotus Europa. I am keeping the original wheels and caps but these might look a treat. Once they are stripped and painted with a fresh polish I will start saving up for new rubber. Small steps forward. I am working on the front valance, patching holes and welding new bits on it. The rear one is even worse. Then fix the boot floor and the welding is done......I hope.

Thanks for listening and please let me know what you think.

cut

Attachments:
013.jpg    38 KB
013.jpg

Oxford, oxfordshire, UK   GBR
Looking sweet Cut! Got my 1 years no claims bonus today smiling smiley, my insurance virtually halfed in cost!!

Cheers, Alwyn.

cut Avatar
cut Steve Rains
You are a driving legend! Awesome!
cut

Attachments:
Screenshot_2015-04-14-17-03-24.png    216.3 KB
Screenshot_2015-04-14-17-03-24.png

Thxnzo Avatar
Thxnzo Colin Shaw
Aurora, CO, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Herald 1200 "Kumar"
First of all I am acutely aware of my misplaced post. I am also aware that I should delete it but I don't know how. Finally I aware that my 5 year old could do all this...

I have been spending a lot of time futzing with good ole Kumar. I put a nice rug over the back seat as I learned, quite quickly, that strapping a child into black vinyl on a sunny days results in A LOT of crying... And the kid was kit happy either. Also, i realized while working on Kumar at my folks house that their garage rules. Kumar and a Porsche Boxster (many mock the box, but speaking from experience it is about 50x more car than can bun used on the roads and 10x more capable a car than I am a driver). Barely visible in front of Kumar is a '67 Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider. I not allowed to touch that car.

Attachments:
image.jpg    32.2 KB
image.jpg

image.jpg    41.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
Those wheels look great! Use them or sell them to me. LOL.

Chad in Tulsa

cut Avatar
cut Steve Rains
Thanks Chad. I figger I will use them. Didja make the show in Fayetteville? Yesterday I worked on the valance and sprayed primer on it. Also made a youtube video about it. I post a few things on there. My channel name is cutworm59

Best to you Cut

Attachments:
031.jpg    26 KB
031.jpg

maxmcbeth Silver Member max mcbeth
te awamutu, new zealand, New Zealand   NZL
1965 Triumph Vitesse 2L "Oldgirl"
looking good Cut,will she be on the road this year?
you have made good progress this summer
cannot wait for our summer to kick
in for a bit of cruising
all the best
Max

cut Avatar
cut Steve Rains
I will try an get it done by Christmas. I will be wanting to see some pictures and mebe a video from you soon Max

Cheers, cut

Will do mate,next thing i have to do is replace the clutch. My car has a 2500 motor and gearbox from a salon.The gearbox mounts
looks like it could be welded in!!!! if so will post some pictures.Bloody hard to get around the car shed at the moment as one of my 4
daughters ,husband and three kids have moved in to our house and all there stuff is packed around the Vitesse.Not good for pictures
but great to be able to help them out until they buy their own place. Our Jap cars have to live outside but they don't rust and no snow
in this part of the world, in fact its been very mild this this winter/spring
cheers Max

cut Avatar
cut Steve Rains
I just brought home my freshly rebuild radiator today. $92.00. Looks great but still a little sticky with the paint they use on these. Just need a few hoses and a finished Herald now.

Steve

Man we pay down here mine was priced at $500 nz to repair

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster