Exterior Trim Clips

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ShannonD Shannon Dunn
Raytown, MO, USA   USA
Attached is a photo of an exterior trim clip on my 1200. It looks to be a rivet with some sort of plastic or fiber (the brown disk behind the rivet). Is this a tuckers rivet? Anybody know where I can get this. I go to Rimmer Bros and they point me to a simple rivet. But it has no fiber/plastic element. It looks like the fiber disk is what the trim actually clips onto. Can anybody steer me to some good info on this?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Trim Clip.jpg    17.6 KB
Trim Clip.jpg

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
What the picture tells me is that someone tried to make something (similar to the original) work. Originally, the round base was metal (probably about that same diameter) held by a rivet that fit INSIDE the base (not unlike the snaps for the top boot or tonneau cover but not the same piece). It doesn't appear that the original "button" -- for lack of a better term -- is currently available, but I'm not sure about that.

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

Flatlander Avatar
Flatlander Gary Lien
Omaha, NE, USA   USA
I just purchased some similar fasteners for my TR250 at Victoria British. They are wider that what is shown in your photo but I wonder if the side trim for a TR4A would be the same size as that used for the Herold. The side trim for a TR4A is smaller that that used for the TR250. As close as you are run over to Victoria British with your trim and check it out.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
maybach Paul Barlow
Exeter, Devon, UK   GBR
Hi Shannon
Try Canley Classics Coventry Uk
The bit under is rusty , I assume this is the clip for the body side chrome strips?

Paul
Exeter
UK

ShannonD Shannon Dunn
Raytown, MO, USA   USA
Hi Paul,
Actually, it looks like rust, but it's just plastic or fiber. Yes, it is for the exterior chrome door strips.

triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
The original clips are metal and attached by a rivet.

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Gypsy Rose T..."
I've seen that type on Heralds before: They were replaced with a stamped cup rivet: The TR6 uses the same ones on the trim for the factory hardtop. TRF carries them, but so do the other major players...

Scott

ShannonD Shannon Dunn
Raytown, MO, USA   USA
Thanks Scott,
I went out to Victoria Brittish today, and we tracked down the rivets. They are the same on the 250.
Thanks for the help to all of you folks!

Dadsturn Avatar
Dadsturn Platinum Member Ed M
Cicero, NY, USA   USA
Could you share the part number? I may need some too.

Thanks.

1964 Herald 1200 Convertible
1966 Chevy Bel Air
Got it covered. A Land Yacht and a Dingy!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1980 Triumph TR8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links