windscreen adjustments

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Drbobjr Bob E
Harrisonburg, VA, USA   USA
I have a 1964 Herald 1200 convertible that I have been restoring. I received the car in boxes so has been a bit of a challenge. We have just installed the top and on the drivers (left hand drive) door the clearance is so tight that the vent window top hits the windscreen while the lower rear of the door glass hits the metal of the cover plate for the hood. all is fine when the top is not clamped but the movement in the windscreen pulls it too tight. can the windscreen/firewall be moved forward to allow clearance? all adjustment in the door for the window and vent have been maxxed out. Help would sure be appreciated.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
quikrx Ralph Hansen
Antioch, IL, USA   USA
1962 Triumph Herald 1200
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Gloria"
1987 Mazda RX-7 "Mistress"
2003 Toyota Celica GT-S "Natasha"    & more
you can possibly rotate the front bulkhead a bit - the windscreen frame itself is a solid part of the bulkhead - maybe it got bent some? to rotate bulkhead all the mounting would have to be either removed or loosened, then a tug here and there and maybe you'll be set - feel free to contact me for further details if you like via pm and I'll share my phone #

Drbobjr Bob E
Harrisonburg, VA, USA   USA
Thanks, had that in mind but the bulkhead seems the only part with no slots for adjustment. Wasn’t sure I was legit thinking it might move a bit.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Triumph TR250

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links