Herald accelerator

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TomMull Thomas Mulligan
Strafford, NH, USA   USA
I've got twin SUs on my 13/60. Last year I modified the engine end of the throttle linkage and installed a new but shortened (by necessity) cable. I couldn't use the Spit cable as it doesn't have the long drop to the pedal on the inside end. The metal end on my cable has now broken from the cable sheaf at the engine bracket. It is working now courtesy of duct tape. I was never completely satisfied with that connection.
So, my question is can I use a Spit pedal assembly and a Spit cable. If so, I could use a locally available cable without modification.
Tom

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
carb link.jpg    43.3 KB
carb link.jpg

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
You wouldn't be the first to do so, adapting the pedal from a 1971 or later Spitfire. But if it's only the cable right now that's troubling you, perhaps you could take what you have -- and some measurements -- to a good bicycle shop and see what they could make up for you. What you'd get from them is probably going to be better than any modern (or perhaps even NOS) cable you could buy from a Triumph spares vendor.

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

coupe  948 downunder Avatar
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia   AUS
I made a new pedal that ended up looking like the spitfire one by pure coincidence, because form follows function. Changing the peddle was VERY much the right thing to do as the original Herald set up is terrible engineering

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170707_143101.jpg    23.6 KB
20170707_143101.jpg

20170707_143732.jpg    49.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20170707_145738.jpg    37.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
TomMull Thomas Mulligan
Strafford, NH, USA   USA
Thanks Andy and Iain. I'll try the bike cable route. And Iain, thanks for the pictures. Tom

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster