AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Herald Eybrow Fixing
  This topic is about my 1959 Triumph Herald
coupe  948 downunder Avatar
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia   AUS
Besides the fact that I am missing one of the fixing rings that hold on the herald "Eyebrows" over the head lights I can't for the life of me see just how the bottom retaining screw works I suspect that there must be a part that I am missing so I would appreciate anyone who can show me what it is that I am missing here

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
2 picture = 2000 words. But briefly, here are photos showing a: one of the two spots atop that ring that catch the top of the headlamp rim, and b: the little bracket and speed nut that, with a screw, hold the bottom of the headlamp rim in place.

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

Attachments:
headlamp-ring-top-clip.jpg    60.2 KB
headlamp-ring-top-clip.jpg

headlamp-ring-bottom-clip.jpg    42 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Thanks for that Andrew That is what I thought it would be but of course that is the parts that I am missing!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
If you have some sheet metal scrap lying around, you can cobble up the piece rather easily, then just get a speed nut locally to slip over it. Use the other one for a pattern!
Scott

I am more than capable;e of fabricating something to do the job but i don't have a pattern to copy in fact I am missing one of the fixing rings as well and while I'm trying to get one of those I now know what else to seek to put a proper face on my Herald

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster