My Coupe was last on the road in 1970

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

coupe  948 downunder Avatar
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia   AUS
If I had a bottomless wallet I would be ordering a brand new engine quicker that you could blink Peter but like most of us I have to watch my pennies and spending on my car very much falls into "discretionary"spending that has to come after so many other family commitments so I have to try to firstly make the most of what I've already got (like the head and carbs off my existing 948 engine) and that which I can get for as little money as possible and I have a brother has three 1200 engines in his shed that rises up the list of things that I can contemplate doing with my resources.
With regard to the oil filter the 948 engine uses a different set up to the one in your link and while there is an adaptor available its $170 AUD it does not alter the fact that the early engine does not have a full flow oil filtering system like the later iterations of Triumph's engine

I would likewise love to have extractors but as I have made up several sets of headers over the years I may just have a go ant making some for this car too the most tedious /difficult part is cutting out the flange as I did on another project which took ages with drills and files but worked out well in the end

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster