Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Stulene Stuart Hershoff
Saint Simons Island, Georgia, USA   USA
1962 Triumph Herald "Stuart Little"
I posted my car for sale earlier in the Buy, Sell & Trade section of the forum but I thought any Herald & Vitesse enthuiast might want to see in case you missed:

1962 Triumph Herald Mark I Convertible with 948 CC engine with dual SU carburetors.

Exterior paint finished in Oxford White complemented by a Black vinyl interior & convertible top.

Features include:

* 948 CC overhead valve inline 4 cylinder engine with dual SU carburetors
* 4-speed manual transmission
* Independent suspension
* White stripe radial tires
* Front seat belts
* Dual exterior mirrors
* Jack & spare tire

Here is a cute little British sports car you don't see come up for sale very often. This is a very early Herald convertible with the desirable 948cc dual carb engine. The Triumph Herald register currently lists only 63 948cc convertible cars surviving globally in their database out of the 8,258 948cc convertibles originally produced.
I acquired this car from a British gentleman 80+ years young from Southern California. He owned the car from 2009 & drove it quite frequently. He reported that the engine had been overhauled by the previous owner he purchased it from. Judging by the way it runs, it most likely has. I just had the twin SU carbs overhauled professionally by National Carburetor Company in Jacksonville, FL. I have owned several Herald convertibles over the last 10 years & this one is the best driving one I ever had the pleasure to drive. It drives out quiet & smooth. Easy shifting transmission, sharp brakes, tight steering, with no engine overheating issues. It can carry 4 people in relative comfort when you consider how small the car really is. It can make a complete circle turnaround in a 25' radius. The tilt up bonnet encompasses the front fenders making for easy access to the engine bay.

Please call Stuart @ 912-634-4949 for complete details. Car is located in St. Simons Island, GA (SE Georgia between Savannah, GA & Jacksonville, FL)

To see additional photos, click on link below:

62 Triumph Herald Convertible photos

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
62 Triumph Herald (29).JPG    61 KB
62 Triumph Herald (29).JPG

Stulene Stuart Hershoff
The link to see additional photos in the last post did not come through. Here it is again (click on to see pics):

1962 Herald Photos

Stulene Stuart Hershoff
Beautiful sunny & 80 degree day in SE Georgia yesterday & I took the Herald for a little 130 mile country drive. She drove flawlessly & did not miss a beat. Spring is here & now is the time for you to be enjoying this little cuttie.

Cody, I did return your email you sent through carsforsale.com website but did not hear back from you. You need to be driving this Herald out in CA. Afterall, that's where it came from. Still have the CA license plates that were on the car.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CASpitfireGuy Avatar
CASpitfireGuy Cody Crowley
Los Angeles, California, USA   USA
Hello Stuart!

No worries, it may have been caught in my spam filter by mistake. But absolutely! I love the looks of the little Herald, and the fact that it is an early 948 convertible makes it even more special.
I've been looking for a Herald convertible for me and my girlfriend to enjoy, as we test drove a friend's 1200 convertible and found it much more roomy and comfortable than my 1969 Spitfire.
This would fit the bill perfectly!
I unfortunately do not have enough to buy the Herald and keep my Spitfire, but I would be interested in trading my Spitfire for the right Herald. If this interests you, I can send along some details and pictures of my Spitfire!

Have a great day!
Cody

Stulene Stuart Hershoff
My Herald has now been sold. Ironically, the guy who bought it; his first name is also Stuart. I really loved that car & glad it went to a good home not too far from where I live. Look forward to seeing it at some local shows in the future. The new owner who happens to be British & very familiar with Heralds, restores British sports cars for a living. He plans to restore this one in the future. He was very impressed with how well it ran & solid it was.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links