Finding a Herald

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MGB77Muskegon Timothy R
Muskegon, Michigan, USA   USA
Been looking for awhile and having a hard time finding a Herald to rebuild. Moving down to Kentucky and would like to find one to rebuild.

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
There is, of course, the usual eBay search, as well as your favorite tool to search "all of Craiglist" and/or other such sites.

Or you could contact the seller of two-and-one-half Heralds in North Carolina!

Disclosure: I know Jamie, and he's a good guy and true Triumph enthusiast. I've no financial interest, although a Lotto win would've had me scooping up these three within five minutes of the link being posted. winking smiley

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

MGB77Muskegon Timothy R
Thanks for the information. I moved from a large home recently and had to sell all of my vehicles except for two, 79 Spitfire and a 61 Nash Metropolitan.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
MGB77Muskegon Timothy R
OK, found and purchased a 1961 Triumph Herald 948 this past weekend.

Dadsturn Avatar
Dadsturn Platinum Member Ed M
Cicero, New York, USA   USA
Congratulations! Is it street worthy or a project (or both)? Post some pictures!

1964 Herald 1200 Convertible
1966 Chevy Bel Air
Got it covered. A Land Yacht and a Dingy!

MGB77Muskegon Timothy R
It's solid, but will need work. The person is getting out of the 948 and is giving me more than enough parts to make it whole. I'll probably rebuild from the ground up.

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
Yes! Pictures and details, please! grinning smiley

MGB77Muskegon Timothy R
The vehicle is still in Indiana. I'm in transition of moving from Michigan to Kentucky and will pick everything up in about 6 weeks. I have a 24x40 garage down there to put everything in as well as my 79 Spitfire and 61 Metropolitan.
When I pick it up, I'll take pictures and post them.

Dadsturn Avatar
Dadsturn Platinum Member Ed M
Cicero, New York, USA   USA
I don't know what I most jealous about. The Herald, the warm weather of Kentucky or the garage! Who am I kidding, all of them. I am in the middle of a 1200 project. The body is hanging from the bar joists, the chassis repairs are complete and the frame was just painted this weekend. These are fun cars to work on. They are basically kit cars that were assembled in a factory. Good luck with yours.

1964 Herald 1200 Convertible
1966 Chevy Bel Air
Got it covered. A Land Yacht and a Dingy!

MGB77Muskegon Timothy R
Well, the garage is not finished. I'm having a contractor come in the put in a cement floor and then I'll insulate and panel the inside. Then I'll set up the 60 gallon compressor with air lines throughout. I've got a special lighting system I'm going to put in along with a 55 inch flat screen and a nice big refrigerator. This is going to be my retirement place, so I want to do it right.
I'm sure I'll be putting in a hoist too.

MGB77Muskegon Timothy R
I've been reading the posts here and it seems that there aren't too many 948's out there. I've contacted Rimmer's and they don't carry the interior for the 948's. I'll be getting older parts for the inside of the vehicle so I'll have to have them reupholstered. This should be an interesting rebuild.

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
Sadly, no one does "as original" interiors for the 948 series, so one is at the mercy of a good upholsterer who can recreate as closely as possible what was there originally.

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
In reply to # 1436391 by MGB77Muskegon Well, the garage is not finished. I'm having a contractor come in the put in a cement floor and then I'll insulate and panel the inside. Then I'll set up the 60 gallon compressor with air lines throughout. I've got a special lighting system I'm going to put in along with a 55 inch flat screen and a nice big refrigerator. This is going to be my retirement place, so I want to do it right.
I'm sure I'll be putting in a hoist too.

Hopefully you had them put a "moisture barrier" under the concrete before they poured: essentially just a plastic sheet laid across the ground before the pour, it prevents ground moisture from seeping through the concrete, and helps retard storage rust on t he frames and underside of the vehicles... Concrete is actually porous- once it hardens, moisture form the ground can pass through it, and condense on vehicles, etc. above... Neat thing is, to make concrete harder, you keep it wet as it dries!

Scott

MGB77Muskegon Timothy R
Got the Herald down to Kentucky. It's still in the trailer. Will get it out this weekend and put it in the garage. The floor has been sealed. The 61 Metro and 79 Spitfire are there too. Looking forward on finishing the shop.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster