Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 1437217 by Herald948 Sadly, Bill Goodwin passed away in September 2015. I believe, at this point, the car is still with his widow Carol. I know that there are many fellow Triumph enthusiasts in that area who have been helping her out; one way or another, I'm sure that Herald and his other cars are in good hands and being well cared for.

In reply to # 1437221 by ng19delta Thanks Andy- I did not know Bill passed away; I only met him during the sale of the Herald, and he seemed like a real nice guy... He was working on getting one of each Herald type, and was delighted with mine as the convertible... Thanks for the update. If I had the funds, I'd probably make her an offer for the Herald, but I'm sure if she is interested in doing so, she'll find her a good home, if she hasn't done so already...
This is almost eerie in its timing. I've been contacted by friends of Bill Goodwin's widow Carol; they tell me she is looking to sell the three Heralds, including this one that used to be yours, Scott! Another is an almost completed 1200 convertible, and the third is a gorgeous Herald 1200 Estate wagon brought over from the UK. As I hear more details, I can let interested folks know!

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
In reply to # 1438305 by Herald948
In reply to # 1437217 by Herald948 Sadly, Bill Goodwin passed away in September 2015. I believe, at this point, the car is still with his widow Carol. I know that there are many fellow Triumph enthusiasts in that area who have been helping her out; one way or another, I'm sure that Herald and his other cars are in good hands and being well cared for.

In reply to # 1437221 by ng19delta Thanks Andy- I did not know Bill passed away; I only met him during the sale of the Herald, and he seemed like a real nice guy... He was working on getting one of each Herald type, and was delighted with mine as the convertible... Thanks for the update. If I had the funds, I'd probably make her an offer for the Herald, but I'm sure if she is interested in doing so, she'll find her a good home, if she hasn't done so already...
This is almost eerie in its timing. I've been contacted by friends of Bill Goodwin's widow Carol; they tell me she is looking to sell the three Heralds, including this one that used to be yours, Scott! Another is an almost completed 1200 convertible, and the third is a gorgeous Herald 1200 Estate wagon brought over from the UK. As I hear more details, I can let interested folks know!

Please PM me if you find out what they would be looking for regarding my Herald... I don't know if I can raise anything yet, but if they are reasonable, maybe we can reach an accord...

Thanks!

Scott

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
Andy-

I would be interested in knowing more about the Herald Estate.....

Also.....did you get the email I sent?

Chad in Tulsa

1963 triumph herald Dan Toberer
Omahs, Nebraska, USA   USA
Hi , this is Dan from Omaha, and. I bought and have been working on a 1963 herald convertible with 1200 motor. Not looking to do a complete redo yet but mainly trying to get safely driveable for for summer. I am interested in the interchangeable parts with the Early generation Spitfires. My motor seems good. Swapped out the front drums with spitfire disc brake , as they came with the car. Now am working on my accelerator pedal assembly and need pretty much whole thing . I think it originally had a mechanical linkage but a lot of people convert to cable. Still trying to figure this out , cheers

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
I am pretty sure that the original set up was cable.

A really nice cable arrangment can be made up from modern bicycle brake cable. This is teflon lined and so much smoother than the original

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster