AutoShrine Sponsor

Triumph Racer Avatar
Triumph Racer Patrick N
south bend, IN., USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4 "My First Triumph"
1962 Triumph TR4 "Big Red"
1964 Triumph TR4 "Ugly Duckling"
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV    & more
Looks like the car to have for Rallycross.Way out front! I just hope I'm not wrong and those Fords are coming up to lap him! My apologies if this photo was used before I joined the site.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
10236-15174-60646.jpg    23.1 KB
10236-15174-60646.jpg

britsnspits Avatar
britsnspits Michael Stoliker
Bethlehem, PA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Phoenix"
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Lucky"
Hmm! Dirt track racing that turns in more than one direction. I'm not sure it will catch on in the US.

Interesting note on the bonnet.

Triumph Racer Avatar
Triumph Racer Patrick N
south bend, IN., USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4 "My First Triumph"
1962 Triumph TR4 "Big Red"
1964 Triumph TR4 "Ugly Duckling"
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV    & more
Michael,this guy is so fast no one has seen him in their mirrors.Not much for advertising though! Maybe those Lucas mirrors are so much more advanced than ours they don't read backwards?

Sometimes you succeed,other times you learn.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
britsnspits Avatar
britsnspits Michael Stoliker
Bethlehem, PA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Phoenix"
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Lucky"
Patrick B Avatar
Patrick B patrick bennett
Gainesville, GA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Gloria"
Now that looks fun!

davidmartin123 David Martin
London, ABERDEENSHIRE, UK   GBR
It's certainly an awesome car. I have also been using a classic car and never faced a problem while driving it. I came to know about the history of my car by going through this post http://www.performanceautocarrier.com/Articles/jaguar.aspx . My car comes in a retro collection of cars. Do you agree with me?

Redeemd Avatar
Redeemd Richard Gifford
Adair, Oklahoma, USA   USA
I ventured into the rally scene many years back. I just dug this old rally car out of my barn and listed it on Ebay. This car was campaigned early thru mid 1980's across America and one event in Canada. I am a newby here, but not out there.

I remember driver meetings where they discussed things like off camber approaches to bridges and the sort... some of the best questions ever asked were at driver meetings, like: "Mike Halley " How much does the bridge cost? Now THAT is a real rally driver there!

Rally people are fun people (crazy fun). I got excited seeing a rally forum and had to jump in. Some here may recognize the car. Might even still recognize me??? Either way, I shared the photo out of excitement about SCCA Pro Rally.

It seemed to be a dying sport with only one major event last year and I would like to see it survive. I am glad there are others who have "rally" in mind. There is no better way to blow a lot of your hard earned money!

And have the time of your life doing it. Rallycross is certainly the way to go today! Thank you for allowing my intrusion.

Attachments:
Agent Orange.JPG    74.2 KB
Agent Orange.JPG

retired veteran.JPG    63 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Redeemd Avatar
Redeemd Richard Gifford
Adair, Oklahoma, USA   USA
Just for kicks and grins... this is the direction I am going today. I wonder if I am onto something, or lost it all?

I am just starting 2 of these projects on early model FJ40 chassis with V8 chevy engines. I have rounded up everything to complete these projects except the ability to get out of this chair.

I was hesitant to post what I am doing with the Spitfire today. Please don't find offense. I love both of my Spitfires!

Attachments:
IMG_1985.JPG    61.7 KB
IMG_1985.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links