Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

arturo64 Avatar
arturo64 Arthur T
Billings, Montana, USA   USA
So I got to wondering if my car actually is in the Street category and found it is Not! Looks like offending upgrades I've done are; lowered and stiffer springs, gt6 brakes, gt6 rims, lowering block, and camber compensator. So I guess I'm in Street Touring....don't think anybody here in my town would care one way or another. But I'm worried about when someone does....

Now for my questions.
Would an electric fan be ok for Touring?
Would 1500 rear axles be ok for Touring?
Looks like an oil cooler is ok...

Don't feel like I want to get bumped into Prepared by another offending upgrade.

Arthur
68 spit
70 gt6+

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
plotkinc Catherine Plotkin
Edmond, Oklahoma, USA   USA
Have you looked at the HC class for your car.

Heritage Classic (HC) has two classes Street (S) and Race (R). You might want to check on these options. I run HCS. I may be moving to HCR depending on what I decide to do about tires. Any tires with a wear rating of less that 200 will move you to HCR.

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/scca/downloads/000/013/118/2016_Heritage_Classic_Rules.pdf?1455893947

arturo64 Avatar
arturo64 Arthur T
Billings, Montana, USA   USA
Holy smokes that is Excatly the class I need!! I'd be all alone in my own class and thus always 'win', but it fits to perfectly. I'll have to ask if they'll be cool w it. I was so worried about my mods but they're all perfectly legal in that class. Thanks a ton.

Arthur
68 spit
70 gt6+

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
plotkinc Catherine Plotkin
Edmond, Oklahoma, USA   USA
We have 3 Triumphs and a MG that run in the HC here in Oklahoma. Northeast of here there is another region that has a few Fiats and a TR6. It is fun to run with some folks who have similar technology.

What tires are you running?

clshore Carter Shore
Beverly Hills, Florida, USA   USA
Once could argue that Camber Compensator is a Safety Device, like a roll bar or seat belts, overriding ALL class considerations.
Some places will not permit a Spitfire to run without one, no matter what class you are in.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster