Distributor suppliers/rebuilders

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pfw565 John Dickinson
Vancouver/Okanagan Falls, BC, Canada   CAN
For my son's MkIV Spitfire race car we need to either rebuild the existing Delco Remy distributor or find a replacement. I am aware of Advanced Distributors and we may use them, but they have a 7-8 week turnaround at present. Are there any other recommended rebuilders, especially who can do race engine profiling?

Does anyone know if other makes of distributor can be substituted? I have heard conflicting reports so far.

Thanks in advance.

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
scardini1 Avatar
scardini1 Gold Member Jim Moscardini
Great Mills, MD, USA   USA
1968 Triumph GT6 "Rocinante"
2003 Jaguar XKR "Kitty"
Good luck with that, John and keep us posted. I had contacted Advanced a couple of years ago about rebuilding my GT6's Delco. Bushings and springs were no problem, but they said they couldn't rebuild the advance plate, which in my case was a bit scored-up and a little balky.

So, .... if they're doing the advance plates now, please let us know. It would be nice to have a completely rebuilt spare at the ready. Yeh - that's a bit of an over-kill for sure, but still nice to have.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links