Distributor suppliers/rebuilders

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pfw565 John Dickinson
Vancouver/Okanagan Falls, BC, Canada   CAN
For my son's MkIV Spitfire race car we need to either rebuild the existing Delco Remy distributor or find a replacement. I am aware of Advanced Distributors and we may use them, but they have a 7-8 week turnaround at present. Are there any other recommended rebuilders, especially who can do race engine profiling?

Does anyone know if other makes of distributor can be substituted? I have heard conflicting reports so far.

Thanks in advance.

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
scardini1 Avatar
scardini1 Gold Member Jim Moscardini
Great Mills, MD, USA   USA
1968 Triumph GT6 "Rocinante"
2003 Jaguar XKR "Kitty"
Good luck with that, John and keep us posted. I had contacted Advanced a couple of years ago about rebuilding my GT6's Delco. Bushings and springs were no problem, but they said they couldn't rebuild the advance plate, which in my case was a bit scored-up and a little balky.

So, .... if they're doing the advance plates now, please let us know. It would be nice to have a completely rebuilt spare at the ready. Yeh - that's a bit of an over-kill for sure, but still nice to have.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster