Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Redeemd Avatar
Redeemd Richard Gifford
Adair, Oklahoma, USA   USA
I found this tag in an old memories box around the barn. It seemed to fit the era of the rally car (Spitfire) leading the pack posted last week. I thought it would be nice to share with those who enjoy (ed) SCCA Rally.

Now that I found it I will probably mount it on the dash of my '76' Spit. I am curious if Triumph made this as a commemorative for the Spit, or if SCCA produced it. Would like any information as to its background that anyone is willing to offer. It isn't for sale, just curious about its history.

Thank you - RLG

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Triumph SCCA.JPG    37.7 KB
Triumph SCCA.JPG

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
It was a standard factory installed badge.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

Redeemd Avatar
Redeemd Richard Gifford
Adair, Oklahoma, USA   USA
Thanks for the info Dave. It was on the dash of my 74' Spitfire when I bought it. Being an ex-SCCA guy I snatched it off the dash and tossed it in the treasure box (in the barn). The Pro Rally cars back in the day were mostly The VW beetle, Carmen Ghia, Audi Quatro and the Fiats. I did see a Triumph in Canada at the nationals one year. Funny we Americans called the Canada race "the nationals"... but it was.

I was thrilled when I saw a Spitfire SCCA badge for the Triumph. Aside from that it is almost the same size as the only trophy I ever saw doing the Pro Rally circuit for several years. I appreciate your input as I have wondered about the tag for a long time when I ran across it but never remembered to do any internet searches when I got to the house (???).

Thank you.

Richard

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
OFRacer Avatar
OFRacer Mike H
Poughkeepsie, NY, USA   USA
Richard, this wasn't for actual road racing (rallies) but road course racing like Watkins Glen and Mid Ohio.

mike h

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster