AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
So you want to rebuild your Triumph engine, maybe you've rebuilt a engine, or two before, but not a Triumph, maybe this is your first engine rebuild, and you'd like to have someone that has done this before guide you thru the process, of disassemble, machine shop, parts purchase, assembly, start up, and tune. Part vendors most often times are not engine builders, they know parts numbers and applications, but rarely if ever, use these parts. I build these engines, it's what I do for a living and thru many engine rebuilds have come up with system, and sequence order to do this job, and do it right, I know the parts I like, and the parts I do not like, through actual experience of doing this, and using these parts. With tech articles I written for companies like Moss Motors, and with email, and phone tech advice, I guide you through the rebuilding process to help insure you get the job done right.

We get the parts from well known providers, and you know where, and I sell to you at their listed price, or less, and we try to find the best price, most engine kit customers pay no shipping cost, and we may use 2-4 suppliers to get what we want, I don't find often that I can get everything I want at one place. I make myself available to you through phone, even on a Saturday, it is real comforting to know you can get in touch with someone with real experience, while in your garage working on your engine and call someone who knows exactly what you are dealing with, and guide you through that process, whether it be degreeing a cam, or any part of the assembly, or the prep process. Acme Speed Shop engine rebuild kits are not a generic kit, or one size fits all approach, they are customized to your needs, and desires, we talk about what your goal is, stock, performance, budget, whatever you have in mind, and we come us we a plan for you to achieve that goal.

You can do this, and I can help.

I tell people, this is more of a service than a parts sale, and you get the service part for free. So if you want to build your own engine, maybe do some performance work as well, you are good to pay close attention to detail, and just need someone with experience in this field to help guide you through the engine rebuild process with success, then give me a call (link with contact info below) and let's get this motor running smiling smiley

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
www.acmespeedshop.com
Engines, Rebuild Kits and More.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-29 09:13 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for British Sport Cars,and others

Attachments:
1500engineparts.JPG    53.6 KB
1500engineparts.JPG

Speedracer Avatar
This week's engine rebuilding tip.

The rebuild actually starts with the the disassembly, and lots can be learned at this stage, and some of that information will only be available to you at this point of project. For example, crankshaft end float, check this before you remove the crankshaft, and see if it is within shop manual spec. Checking crankshaft end float is extremely critical on Spitfire 1147/1296/1500 and TR6/GT6 engines, these engines are known to wear thrust bearings, so if you record this data at the time of disassembly, you will know if you have issue, and to what extent it is. Oversize thrust bearings in many sizes are made for theses

This is just a small sample of what type of tech advice you'll receive with a Acme Speed Shop engine rebuild kit.

Thank you, and hope this helps.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
www.acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for British Sport Cars,and others
Speedracer Avatar
With my engine rebuild kits comes free technical advice to help you get through your engine rebuilding project successfully. Free Technical package includes, engine rebuilding tips, some published in Moss Motoring magazine, my machine shop list which helps you know what components to take to the machine shop, and why, this sends you to the machine shop empowered with knowledge. Assembly tips, initial starting and run-in procedures, and all the phone, and email tech questions you care to ask.

Here are links to my two engine rebuilding articles published in Moss Motoring magazine.

http://www.mossmotoring.com/disassembling-british-engine/

http://www.mossmotoring.com/restoring-british-engine/

If you want to rebuild your engine, I can help.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
www.acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
Eye candy smiling smiley, this could be you with my help.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
www.acmespeedshop.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 06:31 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:

Attachments:
tr6assembly.JPG    52.6 KB
tr6assembly.JPG

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Won't be long Hap, won't be long...
Rut

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Andy-Sherry Avatar
Andy-Sherry Gold Member Andy Martin
Portland, OR, USA   USA
I know where I will be going if mine has to be done,i will need to put up my label in the garage though

Andy&Sherry
1974 Spit 1500 Carmine Red
1977 Spit 1500 Pink Panther Pink

Always learning something

Attachments:
learner.jpg    3.7 KB
learner.jpg

Speedracer Avatar
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
www.acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
ohmite Avatar
ohmite Eric O
Eden, NY, USA   USA
Hap,
Are you still doing Triumph rebuild kits? I sent you a couple of emails but never heard back?
Thanks,
Eric

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
Try calling him.

Used parts are negotiable; they look better on your car than in my shop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-23 07:59 PM by chris.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
Speedracer Avatar
Yes still doing Triumphs, I just get over here too much anymore.

Thank you Chris for looking out for me, you sir are a good friend and gentleman.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
www.acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
ohmite Avatar
ohmite Eric O
Eden, NY, USA   USA
Thanks Chris, we have connected. Motor is now at the machine shop, hopefully I will know what the next steps are then. I will be talking to him after that.
Regards,
Eric

pop5948 Avatar
pop5948 Silver Member Wayne Telman
Townville, South Carolina, USA   USA
Rut,

Hope you got in Hap's cue. It's usually a year long.

Best Regards,

Wayne

Speedracer Avatar
In reply to # 1347871 by pop5948 Rut,

Hope you got in Hap's cue. It's usually a year long.

Best Regards,

Wayne

He's a DIY engine rebuild kit customer, so he is building himself. Yep the shop evolves, now at the stage that every street engine need to be a honest attempt at making real improvement, and then yes it is a good year to make that happen, nothing new there, it's been that way for 10 years now. No stock, or warmed over street engines anymore, lots of race work, lots of head porting going on these days. Nothing resembling stock ever making into the shop's doors anymore. I figure at this stage of my life and skill set, why waste my time building stock motors for car shows smiling smiley , but I can help other thru tech do such a thing. We also street port a lot of heads for DIY engine rebuild kit customers.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
www.acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
Guys it is winter, and winter is engine rebuilding time, start now and get it done in time for spring driving. I will state this, you will find no parts vendor on the planet that goes to the level I will to get you kit a custom engine rebuild kit for your wants/need to the level I do and then assist you with tech help thru out the project. Also try to find vendor that is active engine rebuilder, which is what I am, right now in the shop we have 9 LBC engine rebuilds going, this is a everyday happening, everything from slightly better than stock to off the charts exotic race engine builds, and everything in between. Bottom line we know this better than most part vendors, because we do this everyday.

Always a good idea to email us direct, as I don't get to all of these forums on regular basis.

Thank you for your support.
Hap Waldrop

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
www.acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster