Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

RockAuto.com Avatar
RockAuto.com Platinum Member RockAuto LLC
Madison, WI, USA   USA
Aftermarket and original equipment (OE) parts manufacturers are now typically one and the same. However, it is still sometimes the official OE brands that are the first to offer less commonly replaced parts for the newest vehicles.

RockAuto.com has had ACDelco (GM) and Motorcraft (Ford) parts for many years. You may not be aware that RockAuto now also carries the other American "Big Three" OE brand, Mopar. Need factory valve covers for a new Dodge Charger? RockAuto has those valve covers and other Mopar parts for late model Chryslers.

Some of the brands may not be as familiar as Mopar, but RockAuto has hard to find OE parts for other late model daily drivers too. For example, Auto 7 provides RockAuto with many complex OE parts for Hyundai and Kia cars.

Member Services:
RockAuto has been providing high quality auto parts with reliably low prices since established in 1999. We currently ship parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers all over the World. Find All The Parts Your Car Will Ever Need at RockAuto.com!
britsnspits Avatar
britsnspits Michael Stoliker
Bethlehem, PA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Phoenix"
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Lucky"
How are you stocked for Stanpart and Unipart brands?tongue sticking out smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
In reply to # 1311180 by britsnspits How are you stocked for Stanpart and Unipart brands?tongue sticking out smiley

I'm not going to hold my breath. winking smiley

"Mr. Filby, do you think he'll ever return?"
"One cannot choose but wonder. You see . . . he has all the time in the world!"

philstr6 phil Jaegeling
arroyo grande calif, USA   USA
Rock auto has the best prices on Timken bearings
Phil

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, Idaho, USA   USA
in regards to brakes, rockauto does not say what type of caliper (or any other part) is being sold, ie 16P or 16PB for the GT6, for example. It simply lists available for all years. The same goes for caliper piston and brake hoses.
It is tough to buy these parts with no specific references, such as OEM numbers. This information is critical!

I need to buy O2 sensors for my truck and timing belt for my corolla, and their prices are very tempting-more modern cars so the info is likely (nearly) spot on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~Hazen.

RockAuto.com Avatar
Madison, WI, USA   USA
My apologies - I didn't see the email indicating there was a response to this forum! You can view all the manufacturers we stock by visiting our Manufacturers page on our website. We do not stock either Stanpart or Unipart.

Member Services:
RockAuto has been providing high quality auto parts with reliably low prices since established in 1999. We currently ship parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers all over the World. Find All The Parts Your Car Will Ever Need at RockAuto.com!
RockAuto.com Avatar
Madison, WI, USA   USA
byakk0 - We pass the information and pictures we receive from the manufacturer. Typically if a manufacturer has not included specific information, it's because that information isn't needed to select the correct part for your vehicle.

Member Services:
byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, Idaho, USA   USA
Thanks, but it actually is important. Not everything fits all models. My car comes with the 16P style brake calipers. Later models use the 16PB. If I were to order a rebuild kit, for example, and the caliper type was not specified, I would have no idea what I was getting until it arrived. Why take the chance? Other vendors( ie your competitors) list this sort of critical information. If the manufactures do not supply it, perhaps you should demand it.

as far as I know the 16P and 16PB are interchangeable (I could be wrong), unless it is the metric version. But I would want the same style of caliper both sides and not take a crap shoot hoping I was getting the correct one.
(I only bring up brakes as that is my current project.)

What are the chances of listing OEM part numbers with the aftermarket parts you offer? Many of us use the OEM part numbers as a reference, and that would be an immense help.

Feel free to post questions here if you have questions or concerns about products manufactures offer, which model's the product truly fits, ect.. There are plenty of us here that want additional sources for parts and any of us would be willing to help you get the correct information. Just a thought!

btw, it's great that you respond. Thank you!

~Hazen.

RockAuto.com Avatar
Madison, WI, USA   USA
We obtain OE numbers and fitment information directly from manufacturers. If the manufacturer doesn't provide that, we can't show it to you. Do you have an example (the part number along with the year, make, model, and engine size) where you believe we're missing necessary fitment information? I can then check with the manufacturer if that's the case. As I said before, all the information to correctly choose a part should already be listed in the catalog (and manufacturers/we don't want to include information that, while potentially useful, is superfluous/unimportant), but if we're missing something vital we certainly want to add it to our catalog!

Member Services:
byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, Idaho, USA   USA
I sent you a PM with some findings....

~Hazen.

britsnspits Avatar
Bethlehem, PA, USA   USA
FYI, my post was tongue-in-cheek as Stanpart is the brand name of Triumph motor car parts and Unipart is the brand name of British Leyland motor car parts. Both are dead as the dodo.

cariguy Avatar
cariguy Frank Kern
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, USA   USA
1976 Triumph 1500 "Harold"
I do not see any Lucas parts on your website. That brand is still alive.

britsnspits Avatar
Bethlehem, PA, USA   USA
I don't think that Lucas is making parts for our cars anymore. The stuff for our cars packaged in Lucas colors is probably from India or China.

Triumph Racer Avatar
Triumph Racer Patrick N
south bend, IN., USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4 "My First Triumph"
1962 Triumph TR4 "Big Red"
1964 Triumph TR4 "Ugly Duckling"
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV    & more
Last I heard it was now called Lucas Aerospace. How safe is that plane flight going to be!grinning smiley

Sometimes you succeed,other times you learn.

cariguy Avatar
cariguy Frank Kern
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, USA   USA
1976 Triumph 1500 "Harold"
That may be but these are parts that are not designed for the American cars Rock Auto is catering to. I also do not see anything from Burlen (SU & Zenith carbs) either.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster