Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

obertRo Avatar
obertRo Gold Member Robert Clark
Holland, Michigan, USA   USA
In reply to # 1375131 by byakk0 Thanks Robert. My assistant keeps grabbing at the prop rod, and even dropped it on me once. I'd hate for her to to drop it on herself when I'm not under the bonnet to stop it. yeah, I need to put a sliding lock on it, but this kit is looking more and more appeasing every time I open the bonnet.

Lol, your assistant looks a tad young? smiling smiley

Thanks to John Hetherington you can see the operation of a MK1 Bonnet Lift Kit here: http://clarkandclarkinc.com/products/1212e.php

The sooner you "Just Do It" the longer you will enjoy it! You won't regret the upgrade! smiling smiley

Cheers,

Robert

Member Services:
We manufacture over 200 products for LBC's. We make mostly accessories, and a few hard parts. Our first product was the plastic MGB Battery Bin way back in 1989. We now sell retail! Check us out!
byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, Idaho, USA   USA
not bad, but he's lifting by the latch...that can cause the fender to get misshapen...

She's helped me do a lot. start bolts in my exhaust manifold, wrench on my alternator, drop bolts into my door, color on the same door (yet unpainted), scatter my tools so they are easy to see all at once... winking smiley

In reply to # 1375213 by obertRo
In reply to # 1375131 by byakk0 Thanks Robert. My assistant keeps grabbing at the prop rod, and even dropped it on me once. I'd hate for her to to drop it on herself when I'm not under the bonnet to stop it. yeah, I need to put a sliding lock on it, but this kit is looking more and more appeasing every time I open the bonnet.

Lol, your assistant looks a tad young? smiling smiley

Thanks to John Hetherington you can see the operation of a MK1 Bonnet Lift Kit here: http://clarkandclarkinc.com/products/1212e.php

The sooner you "Just Do It" the longer you will enjoy it! You won't regret the upgrade! smiling smiley

Cheers,

Robert

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~Hazen.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
RogerE Roger E
Stilwell, USA   USA
Hi Robert,

Just wanted to let you know. After removing the insulators, the lifts work fine. I did not have to reverse the mount at the bracket.

Thanks,
Roger

obertRo Avatar
In reply to # 1375866 by RogerE Hi Robert,

Just wanted to let you know. After removing the insulators, the lifts work fine. I did not have to reverse the mount at the bracket.

Thanks,
Roger

Terrific! Thanks Roger smiling smiley

Member Services:
We manufacture over 200 products for LBC's. We make mostly accessories, and a few hard parts. Our first product was the plastic MGB Battery Bin way back in 1989. We now sell retail! Check us out!
alanroseman Avatar
alanroseman Silver Member Alan Roseman
Rehoboth, MA, USA   USA
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Little Car.."
Just installed my kit.... home from the office, found the UPS package, installed it in 30 minutes...

Just wonderful!

What a nice piece of engineering and thoughtfulness.

Thanks

Alan Roseman
Rehoboth, Ma

Cheers, Alan

Check on the photos every now and then... all free for download, in all sizes.

The British Motorcar Festival Bristol RI:

Photographs - For your computer

A BMCNE Cruise:

Portsmouth & Aquidnik Island, RI

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MHKflyer52 Avatar
MHKflyer52 Martin Keller
Ventura, California, USA   USA
Hi All,

After reading the posts about the bonnet lift kit I have to say the Clark and Clark Specialty Products bonnet lift kit is really very easy to install and works so very well especially on my 71 GT6 and even looks like it was an original design that never was offered by Triumph for our cars.
I think it is one of the best aftermarket options you can put on your Spitfire or GT6 as it not only helps to lift the bonnet it also helps to keep it from slamming down when lowering it and also keeps it from twisting out of shape as I have found out. It also reduces the stress that are put on the latch handles that most people use to lift their bonnets ( which we all have been told not to due ) as it dose the lifting work for you. I literally only use two fingers to lift the bonnet when I open it now.

What more can I say as I am a very happy client of Clark and Clark Specialty Products and have one of the lift kits on my GT6 and for the price you can not beat the quality or service that one gets when dealing with Clark and Clark Specialty Products.

And yes I gave Clark and Clark Specialty Products the photos of their lift kit product installed on my car to use if they wanted them in anyway with out any affiliation to there company because the quality of the product and their customer service if you contact them for assistance or help or information is just that good.

cool smiley

Martin Keller
Ventura, CA.
1971 Triumph GT6 (A work always in progress.)

Attachments:
DSCF1188.JPG    42.5 KB
DSCF1188.JPG

alanroseman Avatar
alanroseman Silver Member Alan Roseman
Rehoboth, MA, USA   USA
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Little Car.."
A big + 1 from me.

Awesome product, fast shipping, simple clear instructions (even I could do t) wonderful build quality...

I might be out of superlatives...

All Pros, no cons for this product and company..

Alan

Cheers, Alan

Check on the photos every now and then... all free for download, in all sizes.

The British Motorcar Festival Bristol RI:

Photographs - For your computer

A BMCNE Cruise:

Portsmouth & Aquidnik Island, RI

obertRo Avatar
Thank you All for the kind comments! You three guys really made my day!

Robert

Member Services:
Manistee Avatar
Manistee Silver Member Jim Gow
Grayling, Michigan, Newark, Delaware, USA   USA
I have a 1980 Spitfire 1500. Do you have any plans for a kit for this model? Can your kit be modified to work? If not, any recommendations?

obertRo Avatar
In reply to # 1381770 by Manistee I have a 1980 Spitfire 1500. Do you have any plans for a kit for this model? Can your kit be modified to work? If not, any recommendations?

Yes, we make that Kit now. Order #P1212 at the bottom of this page: http://clarkandclarkinc.com/triumph.php

The photographs aren't correct on that page (sorry!) but the text is!

Cheers,

Robert

Member Services:
RogerE Roger E
Stilwell, USA   USA
Jim, I have it on my 1980 Spitfire and think it is great! Easy to install and I don't have to run from one side to the other to get it to open anymore.

I will be getting one for my GT6 if I ever get it back on the road.
Roger

Manistee Avatar
Manistee Silver Member Jim Gow
Grayling, Michigan, Newark, Delaware, USA   USA
I got the kit last week. Took me about 40 mins. to install. It works great! What an improvement!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster