New LIFT KIT for Spitfire Bonnet!

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

oski Michael Opalewski
Lake City, Florida, USA   USA
OK. Just reread your original post. Have to EMail you in order to buy one.

Mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
obertRo Avatar
obertRo Gold Member Robert Clark
Holland, Michigan, USA   USA
In reply to # 1239659 by oski OK. Just reread your original post. Have to EMail you in order to buy one.

Mike

Yes, please: My email is: Robert@ClarkAndClarkInc.com

Member Services:
We manufacture over 200 products for LBC's. We make mostly accessories, and a few hard parts. Our first product was the plastic MGB Battery Bin way back in 1989. We now sell retail! Check us out!
rxgod Eric Lee Perry
New Castle, PA, USA   USA
Love the lift. Please post back here when you have one for the 79-80 models.

obertRo Avatar
In reply to # 1240756 by rxgod Love the lift. Please post back here when you have one for the 79-80 models.

Thank you Eric! I will do that.

Robert

Member Services:
We manufacture over 200 products for LBC's. We make mostly accessories, and a few hard parts. Our first product was the plastic MGB Battery Bin way back in 1989. We now sell retail! Check us out!
DriveCN Avatar
DriveCN Chris N
Bozeman, MT, USA   USA
Second that!

In reply to # 1240756 by rxgod Love the lift. Please post back here when you have one for the 79-80 models.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
obertRo Avatar
Thanks Chris!
I got a nice photo today from a customer that shows a nice clean installation. Much nicer than my car!

In reply to # 1245300 by DriveCN Second that!

Member Services:

Attachments:
bonnet prop picture.jpg    58.1 KB
bonnet prop picture.jpg

D1QuickSilver Avatar
D1QuickSilver Quick Silver
Monrovia, California, USA   USA
1969 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "Tessie"
Put me on the interest list for a GT6+ one.

1969 GT6+ Diary @ QuickSilverCars.VillageHeadMaster.Com

** Looking To Buy a 1975 or Older Triumph or MG In SoCal, Must Have Title and Current Registration or on Non Op **

sethfree Avatar
sethfree Seth F
Roswell, GA, USA   USA
1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1975 Triumph 1500 "Grandpa Steve's Spitfire"
Just wanted to leave my 2c on this product here for others to know:

I purchased the kit ~2 weeks ago, and am a very happy customer.

All the components, especially the brackets & struts, are very high quality. Installation instructions were clear & direct. I had a couple of minor snags due to my non-stock radiator mounting bolts...the install was still complete in less than half an hour.

If you're buying for a non-restored or stock spit, it'll probably take you ten minutes to get it on the car.

Bonnet operation is improved ten-fold. Same lifting force as with the stock prop for the first 4-6 inches, then you feel the assist kick in, then after 10-15 inches of total lift the struts take over and raise the bonnet to full extension without any more effort. Closing requires a downward pull to get it going for the first 10 inches or so, then light effort all the way until you're at a safe height to drop it.

Bottom line: one person operation, from one side of the car, no need to stress the latches, bonnet supports, or hinges.

I honestly don't know how Robert makes a profit on these. For ten-fifteen bucks more than buying just the struts (of equivalent quality) you get the struts, custom fabricated- powdercoated- heavy duty brackets, and all the mounting hardware you need to get them on the car. No new holes in the car anywhere. It's a 100% reversible modification.

Thanks again Robert!

Attachments:
20150118_165811.jpg    20.7 KB
20150118_165811.jpg

20150118_165804.jpg    40.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20150118_165743.jpg    44.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
sparrowpi Avatar
sparrowpi Silver Member David Sherrow
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA   USA
Just installed my lift kit...it was too easy to install and it works too well...something must be wrong....

If you think you don't need this, you are wrong. The engineering is spot on and the install was a breeze. Hats off to this and the folks involved!

obertRo Avatar
In reply to # 1266012 by sparrowpi Just installed my lift kit...it was too easy to install and it works too well...something must be wrong....

If you think you don't need this, you are wrong. The engineering is spot on and the install was a breeze. Hats off to this and the folks involved!

Lol! Thanks, David, you made my day!
smiling smiley

Member Services:
dvcasano Avatar
dvcasano Platinum Member David Casano
Amsterdam, New York, USA   USA
Will 79 spits ever be on the list?

obertRo Avatar
In reply to # 1281395 by dvcasano Will 79 spits ever be on the list?

Yes. A Kit that fits GT6 and the 79-80 spitfire will be available in early May!

Robert

Member Services:
1972gt6 Emilio Diez
Yonkers NY, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Grasshopper"
1980 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 "Topolino"
I have a 72 GT6 is the kit ready? for my car, I would like to buy one.

Thanks

E Diez

Tatin10@aol.com

obertRo Avatar
Hi Emelio,

YES! it is ready. But it won't be up on the web site for another several days. Anyone from TRExp can email me if they'd like one before they are "officially" for sale: robert@clarkandclarkinc.com.
They are same price as the regular kit: $79.95 plus $5 shipping.

I will post photo below of the Kit on Martin Keller's (MKHFlyer52) beautiful GT6.

Cheers,

Robert

Member Services:

Attachments:
DSCF1183-1.JPG    41.3 KB
DSCF1183-1.JPG

horanoffp Paul Horanoff
Hartford, Wisconsin, USA   USA
Robert. Do you still hav the bonnet lift kit for sale.
Paul Horanoff

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Triumph Herald 1200

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links