Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

obertRo Avatar
obertRo Gold Member Robert Clark
Holland, Michigan, USA   USA
Just finished our new Gas Spring Bonnet Lift Kit for Spitfire!

It's really quite a nice design. I've seen a few other designs using off-the-shelf Springs, but ours bolts right on WITHOUT any drilling, etc. AND it has the best mechanical advantage of any other design I've seen. This means it helps lift the Bonnet from the get-go, and completely takes over the lifting after just a small portion of the opening travel.

It will take a few days until it's up on our web site, although did just post it on eBay, but I wanted to share it here first. Fits 62-78 Spits with the vertical radiator.

UPDATE: Now loaded on our web site and shipping cost is $4 cheaper here: http://www.clarkandclarkinc.com/products/triumph-lift-kit.php

Thanks, everyone for your support!

Cheers,

Robert

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-12 08:42 AM by obertRo.

Member Services:
We manufacture over 200 products for LBC's. We make mostly accessories, and a few hard parts. Our first product was the plastic MGB Battery Bin way back in 1989. We now sell retail! Check us out!

Attachments:
photo.jpg    48.4 KB
photo.jpg

photo_2.jpg    47 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
christrish Avatar
christrish Chris B
Lehi, Utah, USA   USA
Price?

Working to take the "D" out of DPO since 2013
Follow my restoration progress: http://73spitfire1500.blogspot.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
obertRo Avatar
Oh, right! $79.95

Member Services:
We manufacture over 200 products for LBC's. We make mostly accessories, and a few hard parts. Our first product was the plastic MGB Battery Bin way back in 1989. We now sell retail! Check us out!
time2triumph Avatar
time2triumph Norm W
Cache Valley, utah, USA   USA
Will this work on a 69 gt6+? I don't think mine will be able to mount in the same spot. If i was to buy that kit can those replacement shocks be purchased localy or do I have too get them from you?

obertRo Avatar
Hi Norm,
I don't think this will work on a GT6, because I believe your radiator is not in the same position as a Spitfire's--and we fasten our brackets to the radiator.

I had these Gas Springs made specifically for this application so they can't be purchased elsewhere. I'm not sure if they would be right for you, either--it all depends on finding strategic mounting points on the Bonnet and Engine Bay. I wish I had access to a GT6 so I could help with this!

Cheers,

Robert

In reply to # 1237445 by time2triumph Will this work on a 69 gt6+? I don't think mine will be able to mount in the same spot. If i was to buy that kit can those replacement shocks be purchased localy or do I have too get them from you?

Member Services:
1066 Avatar
1066 Bob T.
Petersburg, KY, USA   USA
Got any videos in operation?

Bob T.

'77 Spitfire

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
obertRo Avatar
In reply to # 1237475 by 1066 Got any videos in operation?

Yes, although my Spitfire is kinda rough around the edges...

Here is a u-tube clip:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-01 08:55 AM by obertRo.

Member Services:
gt6revived bill l
gilbertsville, pa, USA   USA
Any thoughts about developing full kit for gt6. I have a 73' and would like to keep the strain off the hood locks while lifting.

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
In reply to # 1238737 by gt6revived I have a 73' and would like to keep the strain off the hood locks while lifting.

You should never open by lifting with the hood latches. Lift at the wheel well opening.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

obertRo Avatar
In reply to # 1238737 by gt6revived Any thoughts about developing full kit for gt6. I have a 73' and would like to keep the strain off the hood locks while lifting.

Yes, if this kit proves popular with Spitfire owners, I will make one for GT6, too.
Cheers,
Robert

Member Services:
DKW GT-6 Avatar
DKW GT-6 David Wildasin
Blue Ash, Ohio, USA   USA
Please let me know if you do build one for the GT6's out there. I have three cars I would love this. A/C would be great kit sell also.

obertRo Avatar
In reply to # 1239100 by DKW GT-6 Please let me know if you do build one for the GT6's out there. I have three cars I would love this. A/C would be great kit sell also.

Funny, I've had as many requests from GT6 owners for a Lift Kit for GT6, as I've had purchases of the Spitfire Kit so far!

I will have to borrow a GT6 in the Spring and see if I can make a nice Kit.

Cheers,

Robert

Member Services:
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
What is the business name? Link info? Perhaps I am blind, I don't see anything in the postings.

obertRo Avatar
In reply to # 1239548 by Yellowhawk Valley What is the business name? Link info? Perhaps I am blind, I don't see anything in the postings.

Hmmm. For some reason my signature block isn't showing.

My web site is: ClarkAndClarkInc.com
My email is: Robert@ClarkAndClarkInc.com

Thanks for asking!

Robert

Member Services:
oski Michael Opalewski
Lake City, Florida, USA   USA
I went to your site, twice. Can't find any listing for the hood/bonnet lift. Today's last day for free shipping. Where have i gone wrong?

Mike

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster