AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

NCNeal Avatar
NCNeal Silver Member Neal Clark
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Mr. Spit"
I just signed up Mr. Spit so my beautiful bride and myself can get into the VTR National this September at Shelton Vineyards, NC. Is anyone else thinking about going to this? We're looking forward to driving over and enjoying a few days cruising around the mountain roads with a bunch of Triumphs (and other British cars).

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MartysTR4A Avatar
MartysTR4A Marty Grier
Powder Springs, Georgia, USA   USA
I just finished my first restoration and learning about car shows. When is this one?

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
Google is your friend, Marty! smiling smiley

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Carolina 72MGB Avatar
Carolina 72MGB eric henningsen
Kernersville, North Carolina, USA   USA
We are the host club and look forward to a large attendance. Hoping to have my 1968 triumph GT6 ready for this show. Website is www.vtr2014.com. We just had our spring show at this venue and had 270 British cars of various makes.

Carolina 72MGB Avatar
Carolina 72MGB eric henningsen
Kernersville, North Carolina, USA   USA
So who is coming to VTR 2014? We are just a few weeks away.

NCNeal Avatar
Anyone else braving the weather forecast? Seeing lots of great cars..

NCNeal Avatar
Here's a teaser photo. When the car show was finishing up, a light rain shower popped up and most people scattered. Walking back to where Mr. Spit was parked (now all alone in the filed!) I took a few pretty good photos (if I do say so myself). Here's one and probably the best photo I've ever taken of Mr. Spit.

BTW - I did not win any awards! We were beat by a 1980 Spitfire pulling a cool home made trailer - front half round tail, back half, square tail.

Just created this video of several photos I took. ope you enjoy it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-16 12:39 PM by NCNeal.

Attachments:
P9124342a.JPG    54.1 KB
P9124342a.JPG

NCNeal Avatar
Well, I need to correct one statement in my last post.

When my beautiful bride and I made plans to attend the VTR Convention, we didn't realize that the awards ceremony coincided with the Saturday evening banquet. We opted for a private dinner elsewhere that evening, which turned out to be a very enjoyable dinning experience for us. Anyway, we were told about the ceremony and after our dinner we drove over and watched that last of the awards being passed out.

So we left the convention thinking that another Spitfire had won the Participants' Choice in the MKIV/1500 class. Look what arrived in yesterdays mail. We were completely surprised by this.

Attachments:
P9240881.JPG    46.8 KB
P9240881.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster