British Invasion, Stowe, VT, 9/19 - 9/21/2014

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ZySurge Eric L
Meriden, CT, USA   USA
I'll be attending for my first time, although not with my car.

Hoping to get some inspiration so I'll get back to working on the car. I haven't touched it in a couple of months - got annoyed that nothing ever seemed to work out. I'm still chasing electrical issues that I cannot figure out.

Eric

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ZySurge Eric L
Meriden, CT, USA   USA
Question: Is Sunday an Ok day to attend, or do people start leaving and things closing up fairly early? Coming from central CT, so I'm figuring a 4 hour plus drive each way.

If I come Saturday, I make the trip alone, but on Sunday my wife can come with.

Thanks!

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME, USA   USA
Eric,

In my experience so much depends on the weather. In general the Sunday attendance is less than that on Saturday; if the weather is rainy many participants in past years have not even driven/brought their cars back onto the field.

In past years the Saturday lineups have always been by "class" - marque, model, etc. On Sunday they've grouped cars by color and mixed all the marques up together.

The Invasion staff does plan a full day of activities through Sunday afternoon. I've usually left in the early afternoon and while there are fewer cars, with their predicted 700 cars this year, there should still be plenty to look at with plenty of enthusiasts present, too. However, I'd keep a weather eye and would plan on leaving early Sunday morning to make it before noon.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'66 Land Rover Series II-A 88" SW
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'80 Triumph Spitfire 1500
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
trjohnnie John Malinick
Mirror Lake, NH, USA   USA
Hi Eric. I know it's a long ride alone,but Saturday is the best day to attend. From past experience,I'd say about half the cars leave after Saturday. Also if you are looking for parts for your car,the best pickings are on Saturday. Maybe grab a buddy and buy him breakfast on the way up? Don't want to get in trouble with the wife.

Hickster Avatar
Hickster Lawrence Hicks
Bristol, RI, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB "Little Red Car"
I'm heading up from Rhode Island, it's a lot of fun. The drive is a blast and it's great to see and hear all the LBC's driving all over town. I will be in a red 70 MGB and my son Kyle will be in his 69 Spitfire. We are heading up Thursday and our family meeting us on Friday.
Hope to see you all there,
Cheers

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Lawrence,

Looking forward to meeting you and Kyle at the event. You both have great examples of British sports cars. I'll be in the hapless, disco-era electric blue, fat-ass bumper '80 with the hideous check seats smiling smiley.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

Jim Guillaume Avatar
Jim Guillaume James Guillaume
Farmington, Maine, USA   USA
My sons, 16 and 13, are fascinated by checkered seats, they find them very novel. I find it interesting to observe what they see as unique on our cars. My oldest particularly appreciates the purity of design and mechanical vs. Electronic engineering solutions ie. Mechanical timing advance.

Hickster Avatar
Hickster Lawrence Hicks
Bristol, RI, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB "Little Red Car"
Jeff,
They all have character! Looking forward to seeing you and your car in stowe.
Remember once you get it sorted its time to start over again.

Cheers
Larry

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Yes, Larry, as I've learned over the years with a variety of classic cars, the tasks are never-ending - especially since I choose to drive mine as work vehicles. But I love the challenges to keep them running smiling smiley.

See you at the Invasion!

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

ZySurge Eric L
Meriden, CT, USA   USA
Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'm coming on Saturday. Hope to meet some of you there!

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
What a great weekend event! It was wonderful to meet new Triumph enthusiasts. Thanks so much to everyone.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links