Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME, USA   USA
The British Invasion in Stowe, VT, will likely bring 500 + British cars together for 2014. I've been attending since the early 1990's and it's remained the one event for which I always make the time.

Whether you're driving from the east/west or north/south, the roads to Vermont represent some of the finest driving roads in the northeast US. The sounds of British engines winding up rpm's, echoing off the hills and valleys, is intoxicating.

So who is attending? I'm taking the Spitfire this year for its inaugural trip to the event and would enjoy meeting other forum members.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'66 Land Rover Series II-A 88" SW
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'80 Triumph Spitfire 1500
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
wrosberg Wayne R
Jeffersonville, VT, USA   USA
Hi Jeffrey,

I'm planning on being there at least one day. It's only a few miles over "The Notch."

Wayne

Fredericknakos Avatar
Fredericknakos Frederick Nakos
St-Ours, Quebec, Canada   CAN
I'll be there at least for one day but not with the Moneyspit.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Look for the ugly electric blue Spitfire, guys - that's mine smiling smiley I'm driving over on Friday and should be there by the late afternoon. I'm staying through Sunday morning.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

Jim Guillaume Avatar
Jim Guillaume James Guillaume
Farmington, Maine, USA   USA
This will be my first time to Stowe- really looking forward to it.!

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Looking forward to meeting everyone! Jim, you will really enjoy the event. It's well run and beautifully sited no matter where they choose to hold it each year. And the sounds of 500 + British cars running up and down that Mountain Road!

I'm staying at the Gables Inn, which also serves the best public breakfast in Stowe smiling smiley.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

Jim Guillaume Avatar
I don't know for sure what time we are departing- my wife and friends are all teachers- so it depends on their schedule and if they can take a whole or half day off. My earlier offer is still good, let me know if you're planning on riding with us or solo.
Jim Guillaume

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Jim,

I'm going to take off from Rockland on Friday morning early, so I'll risk it solo: Rte 17 through Augusta to Dixfield, Rte, 2 through Maine and New Hampshire, then through VT until Danville, VT, where I'll pick up Rte 15. That will take me to Rte 108 and Stove. With stops it's 5 1/2 to 6 hours.

See you there!

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

Jim Guillaume Avatar
Not sure what time we'll be out of here, early I hope. We'll be on the same route - Rt. 2 from Farmington etc. on in to Stowe. If you have a mobile, PM it to me and I'll return you mine, and we may see each other on the way over. At the moment it is my wife Michelle, myself, another couple who are my neighbors going together in our 6's with another couple possibly going, dependant on the weather. If you are having any problems when you get in my area, don't hesitate to call for assistance. My neighbor who is going with me also has a beautiful Spitfire and is more familiar with them than I am.
Looking forward to next the weekend!
Jim Guillaume

trjohnnie John Malinick
Mirror Lake, NH, USA   USA
I'll be attending on Saturday only from Mirror Lake NH. I haven't been in 3 years . Concours Class 1954 Triumph TR2 TS604L Ice Blue Looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up on the past 3 years. NO RAIN and MUD I hope!

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
John, I'll look for your TR-2! Glad you're returning this year.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

wrosberg Wayne R
Jeffersonville, VT, USA   USA
Hello All,

I went over the Notch.... Rte 108... again today. If you are coming off Route 15 and then traveling South on Route 108 to Stowe, I
want to warn you about the wonderfully maintained roads we have here in Scenic Vermont. On the Stowe side of 108 as you start to descend from the Jeffersonville side,
you will head into the curves built for a LBC. You will notice some rough road. What you can't see until you get on top of it is that it is much worse than it
looks as you are descending. You can see it pretty well when you are coming from the other direction, but then that would not be in your lane. Please be careful.

I don't want to say that these would swallow up a LBC, but if you didn't notice it before you hit them, you certainly would when you did. Not even
funny for my old tank Volvo's.

You will also notice large illuminated signs on either side of Smugglers Notch indicating that your tractor trailer should not go further. You may ignore these but
pay particular attention to any tractor trailer that has ignored these signs. Yes we have had a few try their hand at it this year. Apparently they can follow a GPS but not common sense.

Also it would be of great benefit to ask those on bicycles if they could also share the road.

The weather currently looks great for Friday, Good Saturday, maybe a little rain on Sunday. I'd offer to do something about it however they don't let me have the keys to that.

If anyone gets stuck, we do have one extra room with a double bed and a couple decent sites you can camp out.

Cheers!

Wayne

Jim Guillaume Avatar
I'll definitely look for your car.

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Thanks for the heads up on the conditions of the Smugglers Notch Road. That drive is often a Saturday evening fun ride behind a lot of LBC's.

I'm glad the weather forecasts are reasonable for the weekend. Look forward to meeting you at the event.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

Fredericknakos Avatar
Fredericknakos Frederick Nakos
St-Ours, Quebec, Canada   CAN
Hi People,
really anxious to compare notes with you all and have a warm coffee....
I will be comimg down on 108 and here are a few pictures of a few years back. I don't think that this fun road changed.
Hopefully not.

I have the aerodynamic head, with a Triumph cap.

Attachments:
British Invasion road to go 2008 001.jpg    52.8 KB
British Invasion road to go 2008 001.jpg

British Invasion road to go 2008 002.jpg    35.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
British Invasion road to go 2008 004.jpg    56.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster