Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dsixnero Avatar
dsixnero Dan Colanero
Westville, New Jersey, USA   USA
Douglas,did you steal my car? If I had oem trim rings that look as good as yours I would have kept my stock wheels on.I have the same problem and have been wanting to do just what you did to fix it.Did you use heat to soften the butel to get the glass loose and did you do it in the door or out on a bench? thanks for a good post.Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
hogan1945 Avatar
hogan1945 Silver Member Douglas F
Woodbury, Minnesota, USA   USA
1968 Pontiac GTO "Tempest"
1976 Triumph TR6
1976 Triumph TR6
1976 Triumph TR6    & more
Dan,
I just had to pull up, kind of hard, and the glass started to move upward, and out of the channel. I did have the door panel off to make sure i didn't damage the window track and glass. Then i installed some weather sealer putty in the channel to give the glass about 1/2 in. more height. The putty comes in a big roll and you peal it off in round strips about 1/4 in. round. Fits great in the channel.
good luck

KPBAMG Kevin Brady
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Anyone with factory OE hardtop for &0s TR6 for sale?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
palermo russ n
Providence, northeast, USA   USA

Could it be the rubber weather strip along the top is missing or badly shrunken ?

moneytime Avatar
moneytime Milt Patnor
denver, colorado, USA   USA
1972 Triumph TR6 "Old Nellie"
I know your post was done three years ago but wonder if you know if a 1969 hardtop will fit on a 1972 TR6? I believe it is the factory metal hardtop that is for sale.
Thanks,
Milt

rgauthiermgm Avatar
rgauthiermgm Raymond Gauthier
West Linn, Oregon, USA   USA
I believe if it’s a factory steel hardtop it will fit. But if I were you I would browse the 6 Pack website forums or ask the question there. Better safe than sorry.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster