Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

OZUSA60 Avatar
OZUSA60 Silver Member Carl Grady
Ridgewood, NJ, USA   USA
attended Fallfest in Chester NJ with many many other great English sports cars .Great day !!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
HuffDaddy Avatar
HuffDaddy Scott H
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Huff Daddy"
Andy,
I installed the same kit, but mounted it under the glovebox. I am a cigar smoker, but added it for powering the radar detector and USB power for GPS (WAZE App) this summer. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Respectfully,
Scott Huff

Attachments:
Mats New1.JPG    58.3 KB
Mats New1.JPG

bikeboy Avatar
bikeboy Silver Member Ian F
Lara, Victoria, Australia   AUS
Inspired by an article in Practical Classics, I decided to replace my original fuse panel with a modern blade unit. I had installed a couple of new circuits anyway, and this seemed like a good opportunity to tidy them up. All I needed was an 8 gang panel and a distributor block, both of which I ordered from Vehicle Wiring Products. Installation was a doddle, and all I had to do was fit a nutsert for the lower panel mount, and a second one for the distribution block. A couples of hours all up.
That's right comrades, I have seat heaters ;-)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
fuse1.jpg    82.3 KB
fuse1.jpg

fuse2.jpg    55.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Tote Tony M
Kingston, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Crikey! Seat heaters in Oz!

Very tidy and professional looking work, I see a patent there.

Ralphsawyer Avatar
Ralphsawyer Ralph Sawyer
Salt lake city, Utah, USA   USA
Wow, looks good. It cleaned up things nicely. Thanks for posting.

gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1487610 by HuffDaddy Andy,
I installed the same kit, but mounted it under the glovebox. I am a cigar smoker, but added it for powering the radar detector and USB power for GPS (WAZE App) this summer. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Respectfully,
Scott Huff

Hey Scott, I'm happy to hear its a good unit, not actually wired it up yet. It will get done this winter when I replace the dash. Mine will get used for the same reason as yours.

Cheers
Andy

edfmay Avatar
edfmay Edwin May
Loveland, Colorado, USA   USA
We put a car in a box.

Attachments:
carinabox.JPG    52 KB
carinabox.JPG

TomChar Avatar
TomChar Silver Member Tom Coulter
Springfield, PA, USA   USA
$12.99 !!! Where can I get one?

Tom
1974 TR6 CF24871UO. Dual Weber MCHH carbs.

bikeboy Avatar
bikeboy Silver Member Ian F
Lara, Victoria, Australia   AUS
In reply to # 1488540 by Tote Crikey! Seat heaters in Oz!

Very tidy and professional looking work, I see a patent there.

Yeah, winters down here can be cool.
Not my idea I'm afraid, and I'm sure others have done something similar.

tr6bobnf Avatar
tr6bobnf Bob Evans
Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1487610 by HuffDaddy Andy,
Respectfully,
Scott Huff

Scott, you lucky sods in the US are allowed to have radar detectors. Here in Canada the fine you and confiscate your detector. Bloody Communist government thumbs down
What did I do to my TR6 today? Pulled the tranny for the third time trying to eliminate the sticky clutch problem. Last time it was the TR4 (it's a second hand TR4 gearbox) tail shaft sleeve and flange that the release bearing rides on. The TR4 shaft being longer than the TR6 sleeve, causing the bearing to bind (see Buckeye Triumphs for info on Sticky Clutch. This time it appears that the sleeve inside the release bearing is defective in that it's too tight and when it heats up it sticks. I've purchased a new Koyo bearing and sleeve and am having the local performance shop polish the shaft and bearing sleeve to ease the fit. Hope the third time's the charm. I can now do this job single-handed with eyes closed. Fingers crossed - I get the parts back Monday.
Cheers

Attachments:
20170927_180812.jpg    31.5 KB
20170927_180812.jpg

tr6bobnf Avatar
tr6bobnf Bob Evans
Second pic didn't upload. Tranny out on bench.
Cheers,

Attachments:
20170930_100132.jpg    46.8 KB
20170930_100132.jpg

tr6bobnf Avatar
tr6bobnf Bob Evans
Just a tip for those newbies planning on pulling their tranny to do clutch or other work. Removing the entire intake manifold with carbs attached makes life a lot easier access wise. With the intake and carbs in place you will do impressive contortions getting at the trans bolts. And drain down some coolant so the hose attached to the intake manifold doesn't leak coolant all over the starter and the garage floor. I forgot this time. Bloody mess.angry smiley
Another tip - this one from Mike at Obsolete Auto in Point Edward, Ontario. Apparently a broken spring in the clutch master cylinder will also cause a sticky clutch problem. I'm going to look at that now. Hope I don't find a busted spring, otherwise I will have pulled the tranny for nothing - except practice. hot smiley
Cheers,

Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
1973 Triumph TR6 "Little Red"
In reply to # 1489052 by tr6bobnf Just a tip for those newbies planning . . . otherwise I will have pulled the tranny for nothing - except practice. hot smiley
Cheers,

Looks good, Bob; you are making progress.

I just had to buy a new starter. Somehow the bottom bolt fell out and when I started the car, the solenoid pushed out the gears and they froze --- buy the time I got home, *(45 minutes or so), the starter was completely cooked. Got a new gear reduction starter which was smaller, (by about 3 inches), and lighter, (by about 15 pounds), and now all is good --- this new starter spins like crazy . . .

Still dealing with the vapour lock problem but I have a good grip on it. Once I get the insulation material on the heat shield and the gas line taken care of I think I'll be fine. Looking forward to a nice fall season of driving . . . (^_^)

frostr6 Avatar
frostr6 Bill Connell
St. Paul, Minnesota, USA   USA
Today I got everything reassembled after replacing the manifold gasket, which of course led to also replacing the water return line, and extensive cleanup.

The vapor blasted intake manifold looks pretty good, and the engine compartment is overall much cleaner now. Best of all it’s a lot quieter without the exhaust leak from the bad gasket. Hope the rain holds off for a longer drive tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 10:05 PM by frostr6.

Attachments:
A9847823-FC03-44B5-8955-4F0318ACAA76.jpeg    62.9 KB
A9847823-FC03-44B5-8955-4F0318ACAA76.jpeg

Jorgy Lauri Jorgenson
North Branch, Minnesota, USA   USA
I finished installing new thrust washers, put the oil pan on, working on getting the windshield out for dash pad replacement, crash pads replacement and new wood dash.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster