Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

j007 Avatar
j007 Joseph M
Madison, Ohio, USA   USA
Thanks, learning something every time I work on it.

Joe
73 Triumph TR6

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tote Tony M
Kingston, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Joe,
I got to pull mine out too. Lived with a noisy release bearing all summer and autumn. Can turn up the radio only so much! smiling smiley This seems to an annual ritual with me, looking into quick disconnects for the bell housing. (just kidding)

Tony

j007 Avatar
j007 Joseph M
Madison, Ohio, USA   USA
Sorry to here that Tony, what manufacture of throw out bearing , clutch and pressure plate are you using? I need to replace mine, also I need to have the flywheel resurfaced.
Joe

Joe
73 Triumph TR6

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tote Tony M
Kingston, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Joe,
I replaced the clutch and bearing about 10-years ago. Don't remember the brand but bought it from Moss Motors. The clutch is still fine, just that bearing that sounds like a trunk full of crickets when I'm driving! Noise stops when you use the clutch.

Last year it was the flywheel ring gear that I had to replace. Had to cook the flywheel in the oven to get it on. And yes...17 bolts hold the bellhousing to the engine, I know them by name.

shynsy Avatar
shynsy tim dafforn
Kenilworth UK, Warwickshire, UK   GBR
Took the TR6 (supercharged) for a 150 mile rally (+300 mile round trip to get there) in Essex. Ran top down in near freezing but sunny conditions.. fab roads.. highlighted a few tuning issues, not least a periodic back fire..
Now deaf and stiff.. but all worth it!
Cheers
Tim

trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
Had a little brake trouble over the summer and rebuilt the master. It never did give the braking I had, even after a couple of bleedings.
So was working on the Spit6 tonight and put the TR6 on charge while I was there. Some brake fluid in the middle of the electric switch and it was leaking down onto the frame.
A light bulb turned on. The only way it can leak is the PDWA valve has slide to one side and allowing fluid into that middle chamber. OK, so that may be why the brakes don't feel right, only get half the system. I took a guess and figured the backs needed some help. I opened the back brake line and pumped the brake one time slowly, heard the click and closed it off. Solid pedal at the top.
Lucky, you better believe it, I've had to take those suckers apart to center them in the past.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

j007 Avatar
j007 Joseph M
Madison, Ohio, USA   USA
Removed the gears from the gear box, will inspect and order parts for rebuild. Good videos and documentation on line for this project.

Joe
73 Triumph TR6

Attachments:
IMG_4729.jpg    57.5 KB
IMG_4729.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg    55.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_4735.jpg    58.5 KB
toofast4you Silver Member Mike M
Charleston, SC, USA   USA
Installed my new windshield and gasket this afternoon. Installed the finish strip and wipers today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-03 06:00 PM by toofast4you.

Attachments:
20171202_155840.jpg    39.1 KB
20171202_155840.jpg

20171202_155832.jpg    44.6 KB
20171203_155519.jpg    49.2 KB
20171203_155529.jpg    42.3 KB
BL50 Avatar
BL50 Silver Member Brian Leslie
Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA   USA
Nice job, Mike. Where'd you get your wind shield? I need a new one but I'm getting "sticker shock" looking!

Brian

toofast4you Silver Member Mike M
Charleston, SC, USA   USA
I got this one from TRF for $180 for a lightly tinted glass. $150 for clear.

BL50 Avatar
Thanks ... that's probably what I'll go with. I was originally looking for Triplex but they're ridiculously expensive.

TomChar Avatar
TomChar Silver Member Tom Coulter
Springfield, PA, USA   USA
I forgot to put it in the garage.. Oh well, it is a daily driver.

Tom
1974 TR6 CF24871UO. Dual Weber MCHH carbs.

Attachments:
Snow TR6.jpg    72.2 KB
Snow TR6.jpg

BL50 Avatar
Bummer! Got mine safely tucked away for it's long winter nap!

Attachments:
IMG_1212.JPG    43.6 KB
IMG_1212.JPG

therevrob007 Rob B
Alamo, California, USA   USA
had fits with the ignition switch and trying to just figure out how to get it out fo the car without disassembling half the darn car!!!!!

jlmiami Jonathan Lewis
Hallandale, FL, USA   USA
Being 6'5 i was thrilled to get some more leg room out of my 6 by removing the hideous H bracket. (Nope, no dash rattles)

Attachments:
IMG_8373.jpg    44.2 KB
IMG_8373.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster