What did you do with your TR6 today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

RobertsDW01 Dave Roberts
Saint Inigoes, Maryland, USA   USA
Continued putting the engine compartment back together - pic is just after putting on new top hose

1974 frame off re-assembly in progress.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0955.JPG    53.9 KB
IMG_0955.JPG

jlmiami Jonathan Lewis
Hallandale, FL, USA   USA
Took off her rear overriders!

Attachments:
IMG_8152.jpg    49.1 KB
IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8153.jpg    59.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_8154.jpg    59.6 KB
tr6bobnf Avatar
tr6bobnf Bob Evans
Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada   CAN
Beautiful - Love it!
Cheers,

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TomChar Avatar
TomChar Silver Member Tom Coulter
Springfield, PA, USA   USA
Looks good. If you haven't already, search Amazon for chrome bumper bolts, they are plenty of different sizes available to fill those holes.

Tom
1974 TR6 CF24871UO. Dual Weber MCHH carbs.

jlmiami Jonathan Lewis
Hallandale, FL, USA   USA
Thanks!

In reply to # 1494760 by TomChar Looks good. If you haven't already, search Amazon for chrome bumper bolts, they are plenty of different sizes available to fill those holes.

BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
Finally scored a good hard top for my TR6 project - takeoff from a wreck that was for sale. I've already got a parts car, so I convinced the guy to sell me just the top. All the bits and pieces are there - chrome trim in good shape. The glass is all fine - no significant dents - just needs a restoration - rubber trims and new headliner. And paint of course.

Second pic is just resting on the parts car - new home until I get ready for this part.

Really happy with it. Been hunting for a while.

Best,
Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

Attachments:
IMG_2556.JPG    56.7 KB
IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2557.JPG    57.7 KB
jsl123 Avatar
jsl123 Silver Member Jeremy Langdon
Cary, North Carolina, USA   USA
Looking good!

The hardtop transforms the car into a grand tourer.

Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
1973 Triumph TR6 "Little Red"
In reply to # 1495800 by BraxtonO Really happy with it. Been hunting for a while.

Best,
Braxton

I also have one and like yours, it needs restoration --- some day . . . (^_^)

JCBritfest Johnny Calder
Conway, SC, USA   USA
I agree. I love the way the TR6 looks with the hardtop. I am from Myrtle Beach and I believe I saw that hardtop on a car on NC Craigslist at a very reasonable price and was surprised someone wasn't buying the car, just for the hardtop. Good score.

Attachments:
IMG_0380.JPG    67.8 KB
IMG_0380.JPG

Doubledroptop Avatar
Doubledroptop David Freet
Chandler, Arizona, USA   USA
1971 Triumph TR6 "White Ghost"
What color do you plan on painting your newly found hardtop? A couple pictures of mine.

Attachments:
IMG_0143.JPG    67.6 KB
IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG    58 KB
BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
Car was on CraigsList - up in SW Virginia. Almost bought the whole thing - would have if it had OD. Wrecked in front - not too bad - car a little far gone for a reasonable restoration. But a good parts car. It’s still available I think - good guy.

My 6 is Carmine or close after a PO respray. Think I’m going with blue for the restoration - again Sapphire or close - that was the color of my first Triumph so many years ago - 72 Spit in high school and college. Maybe a little darker and a little less purple - with tan interior. Hardtop will be body color. It will be a while before I get to that point. But I’ll post some progress pics along the way.

Thanks for the comments.
Best,
Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

Fortunateson Lawrence Clayton
New Westminster, BC, Canada   CAN
I scored an incredible deal when I got mine. A fellow had a car for parts but really wasn't worth it. I offered him what I had in my pocket and he bit. It has a wee tiny tear that can be easily fixed and a two inch section of headliner that has to be re-glued. All prices there as well. It is in original white as I think they all came like that. My car will be a Jag burgundy, Regency Red, and I may leave the top white for contrast. Or go body colour. They really do change the look of the car and easily removed. Who else has pics of their "chaste" non-topless cars?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-07 08:17 PM by Fortunateson.

Nemo74 Emile Bergeron
Falmouth, Massachusetts, USA   USA
My wife and I attended the Cape Cod British Car Club's 'Freezin' Run for Fun'
yesterday. It included a 50 mile drive followed by lunch and a silent auction
to raise money for a local womens shelter. We raised some $1600 for them
and had a great time in the process.

Emile Bergeron

Attachments:
IMG_1316.JPG    36.7 KB
IMG_1316.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster