AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR-Fuzzy Jörg Kratz
BC, BW, Germany   DEU
Hi,
here an additional illustration.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Valve2.jpg    33.8 KB
Valve2.jpg

dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1493371 by TR-Fuzzy Hello Dick,
I think most turbos with an internal wastgate looks like your setup. With the turnbuckel you mechanically ajust the boostlevel.
But with the additional valve you could manipulate the pressure for your actuator which pulls or pushes your turnbuckle.

May be this is more visual.

http://my.prostreetonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Diagram.png

Best regards,
Joerg

I like it! And it would be one way to bring boost pressure adjustment into the cockpit!

Dick

TR-Fuzzy Jörg Kratz
BC, BW, Germany   DEU
Hi Dick,
yes you are right. And that's exactly what I expect.
A simple solution to ajust the boost.
And therefore I asked if it is necessary to recalibrate or to retune the carb .
I expect that it is possible to setup the carb more or less universal for the different boost levels.
I think this is only possible if a SU or a Stromberg carb is used. With a Weber or a Dellorto it wouldn't be that simple.

Joerg

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1494505 by TR-Fuzzy Hi Dick,
yes you are right. And that's exactly what I expect.
A simple solution to ajust the boost.
And therefore I asked if it is necessary to recalibrate or to retune the carb .
I expect that it is possible to setup the carb more or less universal for the different boost levels.
I think this is only possible if a SU or a Stromberg carb is used. With a Weber or a Dellorto it wouldn't be that simple.

Joerg

I believe Moss Motors used the Weber-Holley carb as part of their supercharger kit. I asked Robert Goldman, who has his TR4 SC'ed with the HD8 why Moss didn't go with the SU. He said he thought Burlen Fuel Co. may not have been able to supply enough of these to fill the orders for the Moss SC kit. As you may know Moss got out of the SC business for some reason. Meanwhile, I don't know enough of the details about how the W-H carb works, as those who I do know with the SC use the SU HD8. Kastner made the same choice years ago when he put his turbo kit together, saying the SU was infinitely more compatible with better fuel mileage in off-boost conditions.
So far as setting up for different boost conditions, this is where the A/F monitor comes in. Choose the needle that satisfies your needs.

Dick

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links