AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

alexwoof Avatar
alexwoof Roger Bean
marquette, michigan, USA   USA
From a 250

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
image.jpeg    60.1 KB
image.jpeg

Reddragon Avatar
Reddragon Dale M
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "Road Runner"
1974 Triumph TR6 "Tweety"
Dan

As Bob stated most are for show. While I had the body off the frame, took the time to make mind part of the body work and bolted to the frame. It is not welded in like a race car but not bolted to the parcel shelf thin sheet metal.

Red

oldbagpipe Avatar
oldbagpipe Alec B
Bellingham, WASHINGTON, USA   USA
Here are a couple more shots from the TR4A I purchased and am now parting out. Nice chrome, and it was bolted, not welded, but approved for the race track, passing through Tech many times. The car is full of parts I am pulling and won't get to this until next week.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_3369.JPG    50.8 KB
IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG    50.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_3371.JPG    49.1 KB
IMG_3373.JPG    65.1 KB
wavan Frank Van Den Dorpel
Chilliwack, british columbia, Canada   CAN
make sure its higher then your head.it can really ring your bell if u get rear ended!

oldbagpipe Avatar
oldbagpipe Alec B
As per SCCA:
APPENDIX C - SOLO ROLL BAR STANDARDS
A. BASIC DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS
1. The basic purpose of the roll bar is to protect the driver in case the vehicle rolls over. This purpose should not be forgotten.
2. The top of the roll bar shall not be below the top of the driver’s helmet when the driver is in normal driving position, and shall not be more than six inches behind the driver. It is strongly suggested that the roll bar extend at least three inches above the driver’s helmet. In case of two driver cars, both drivers must be within the roll bar height requirement, however only one driver must be within six inches of the roll bar. In a closed car equipped with a roll bar/cage, it must be as close as possible to the interior top of the car.
3. The roll bar must be designed to withstand compression forces resulting from the weight of the car coming down on the roll structure, and to take fore-and-aft loads resulting from the car skidding along the ground on the roll structure.

tr6nitjulius Avatar
tr6nitjulius Julius Abellera
Riverside, So Cali, USA   USA
4 point mount+removable wire mesh windscreen+12" l.e.d. 3rd brake like

Attachments:
1972_Triumph_TR6_ButtaScotch_Julius_Abellera_000.jpg    64.9 KB
1972_Triumph_TR6_ButtaScotch_Julius_Abellera_000.jpg

SKIKIR Avatar
SKIKIR SKIP KIRCHHOFF
OREGON, USA   USA
I used to have one on my first 6 and used to carry home lumber between it and the windshield. used the top lock holes to tie it down. AAhh to be young, single and dumb again.....

oldbagpipe Avatar
oldbagpipe Alec B
Mine is for sale in the 'Buy, Sell & Trade' forum.

oldbagpipe Avatar
oldbagpipe Alec B
I just reduced my chrome one to $250. As long as it does not have an offer on ebay, I will pull it if someone is interested.

cmgmg Avatar
cmgmg Michael Garrido
New York, New York, USA   USA
Tush had this made.

Attachments:
Roll IMG_09451.JPG    37 KB
Roll IMG_09451.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster