Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ChicagoTR Avatar
ChicagoTR Robert Zoboski
Chicago, Illinois, USA   USA
Original fuel tank was 'cashed',...., went with a 20 Gallon polypropylene fuel cell from Summit Racing (~130USD). Boot floor had major 'rot' so I cut it out to make the floor flat, welded a new large square piece of 20G steel, and sealed it. Cut out rectangular hole in the floor so that the fuel line (from the fuel cell, In red) could be attached. Used weather seal and silicone to protect from incoming water. Have to open the boot to fill the tank; gas cap is being polished and plated as a non functional device.

I am assuming that since the fuel cell is in the boot, I am lowering the centre of gravity. If the car rolls, fuel should not spill,...., safety feature.

//R

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20150903_115435.jpg    39.7 KB
20150903_115435.jpg

20150903_133218.jpg    25.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
ACTP0333.JPG    59.4 KB
ACTP0337.JPG    37.5 KB
ChicagoTR Avatar
ChicagoTR Robert Zoboski
oops, pictures of my helpers in the last post,.., my bad:-)

Attachments:
ACTP0340.JPG    85 KB
ACTP0340.JPG

ACTP0517.JPG    38.9 KB
ACTP0543.JPG    50.7 KB
ACTP0688.JPG    65 KB
Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
1973 Triumph TR6 "Little Red"
In reply to # 1387462 by ChicagoTR oops, pictures of my helpers in the last post,.., my bad:-)

4-legged helpers are always the best . . . lol. Innovative move with the fuel cell and, (as I can see it), you went with essentially straight pipes with double tipped resonators; correct?

I'm going to be watching this build with interest . . .

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ChicagoTR Avatar
ChicagoTR Robert Zoboski
Affirmative.

Disclaimer, I'm not driving in the video. Frankly I was a little shocked. I was assuming the test run with be a nice little jaunt to go through the gears, check for leaks, glitches, etc,........, it hasn't run in almost five years. Mike Wallace, from MWR Technology is the driver. He builds and races sprint cars,......., he is fine tuning before it goes to paint. He designed, fabricated, and designed the roll cage, fuel cell, and exhaust. He is also installing the power block from Advanced auto wire and will complete the electical system. Mike has outpaced my expectations. It is such a joy to drive; it's like the car wraps around you perfectly. The shifter, steering wheel, and pedals are exactly in the right place. Put that together with some pull and it is exhilarating:-)

Custom low profile infotainment system with special back massagers are in line for installation,......, and a few other nice touches:-) What great fun:-)

My painter is booked three weeks out:-/ Arghhhhh

//R

ChicagoTR Avatar
ChicagoTR Robert Zoboski
New Front scoop/valence

Attachments:
ACTP0079.JPG    47 KB
ACTP0079.JPG

ACTP0080.JPG    50.3 KB
ACTP0081.JPG    51.9 KB
ACTP0082.JPG    54.2 KB
ChicagoTR Avatar
ChicagoTR Robert Zoboski
a few more,......., don't get me started on painters,................, still waiting

Attachments:
ACTP0083.JPG    58.6 KB
ACTP0083.JPG

ACTP0084.JPG    45 KB
ACTP0085.JPG    48.1 KB
NHinNC Avatar
NHinNC Larry C
Greensboro, NC, USA   USA
Last 2 weeks, a bunch of stuff done. Finally fitted the fiberglass tunnel cover that had been sitting on the floor with just gravity and the rugs for "sealing". Had to drill holes for the screws, slots for the front screws. Had to dremel trim a bit here and there. Had to straighten the floors a bit from the DPO evidently dropping the transmission. New rubber seal. What a difference! no more clunk on the sharp bumps. Less feeling of a "rattle trap" car. I don't know if it is actually more solid, or if it is just less noise from the previously non-sealed cover, but is sure seems that way! (It could be similar to how the car "runs better" after an oil change.)

While I was there, I installed my newly rebuilt heater box (new heater core, fan motor, switch, cleaned and painted box). And, also in the spirit of while I'm there, put in new windshield squirt hoses. It is nice to now have a fan (as little as is matters on these hot days, but a little air movement is better than nothing). I have not hooked up the engine heater hoses to the firewall (new pass through and hoses too), as I really don't need the heat in this 95 degree/ 70% humidity just yet.

I finally got a center support with a rectangular hole for a new radio (traded for an uncut one I purchased). I put in a Kenwood unit, used some computer power connectors( 4 pins, perfect) to connect the speakers in the Miata seats. I had purchased some inexpensive Pyle speakers - I recommend spending a bit more and try the Pioneer TS-a878, or maybe the Clearwater sold at Moss. Mine are "acceptable" after fiddling with the equalizer. The sound does not surround as do door speakers - it is always behind you, but decent sound, even at highway speeds. I can still hear the exhaust too.

After ownership of my formerly non-running car for one year, and maybe $5K of repairs/renovation/updates, I was happy to go on a 4.5 hour drive to the western part of NC with the Carolina Triumph Club for a mountain/waterfall tour. Made it out and back and touring, car starting and performing fine, 23 MPG(a bit lower than expected) with only 1 minor window problem. I did not have the music installed at that point, but the tunnel cover improvement was VERY worthwhile. Some AC would have been nice though. After 4.5 hrs on the highway, 95+, sunny and humid, we pretty much poured ourselves into the AC'd house.

I am the last car in line at the B&B we stayed in Franklin NC.

Sorry, this was supposed to be posted in "what I did " section.

1976 TR6 Mimosa Yellow - not original
Purchased July 2015

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-24 10:35 AM by NHinNC.

Attachments:
Panorama 2.jpg    38.2 KB
Panorama 2.jpg

Ralphsawyer Avatar
Ralphsawyer Ralph Sawyer
Salt lake city, Utah, USA   USA
From the Land of British Racing Green (if you remember those print ads).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-31 12:45 AM by Ralphsawyer.

Attachments:
image.jpeg    51.6 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    93.2 KB
image.jpeg    95.4 KB
Ralphsawyer Avatar
Ralphsawyer Ralph Sawyer
Salt lake city, Utah, USA   USA
British Car Club of Utah. British Field Day, every year in June.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-31 12:59 AM by Ralphsawyer.

Attachments:
image.jpeg    121.6 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    56.3 KB
image.jpeg    109 KB
image.jpeg    61.3 KB
A. Bradley Aaron Bradley
Erwin, TN, USA   USA
1969 Jaguar E-Type 2+2 "The Jag"
1975 Triumph TR6 "The TR"
'Love to autocross and drive mountain roads under waterfalls.

Attachments:
image.jpeg    74.5 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    65.5 KB
image.jpeg    72.2 KB
Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
1973 Triumph TR6 "Little Red"
nice. Two different cars?

A. Bradley Aaron Bradley
Erwin, TN, USA   USA
1969 Jaguar E-Type 2+2 "The Jag"
1975 Triumph TR6 "The TR"
In reply to # 1402958 by Thunderinjp nice. Two different cars?

Same one...just a few changes.

mart06 Avatar
mart06 Martin E.
Golfe Juan, French Riviera, France   FRA
tr6 yestserday :a french one with injection (a friend) and a US model(mine)
see the differences...

Doc250 Avatar
Doc250 Chris Holliday
Honeoye Falls, New York, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Little Red One"
1975 Triumph TR6 "Lbc II"
Just returned from VTR in Texas. There were 10 TR 250's there and 7 in the concours judging. All 7 shown here plus one other 250. The other pictures in a father and son team that won 1st and 3rd. {the old guy got the first smiling smiley }

Attachments:
Cars 12.jpg    28.2 KB
Cars 12.jpg

Cars 13.jpg    64.2 KB
dk pony Avatar
dk pony David C
MT Carmel, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 1406868 by Doc250 Just returned from VTR in Texas. There were 10 TR 250's there and 7 in the concours judging. All 7 shown here plus one other 250. The other pictures in a father and son team that won 1st and 3rd. {the old guy got the first smiling smiley }
Beautiful cars..and the old J-3 isn't too shabby either.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster