AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Did you wash & wax your Triumph TR6, or drive to a scenic viewpoint?
Fire it up for the first time after a rebuild or make an in-car or drive-by video?
Maybe it's just a nice day and you feel like using that fancy new camera...

Share photos or videos of your car in this topic!

Just scroll down to the reply section, and click Attachments to add photos to your post.

You can also copy & paste links to videos on Youtube, Vimeo, etc in your reply, and a video player will be automatically "embedded" in your post.

.... Don't forget to add your car to the Registry too, and be part of our virtual car show!

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
74ls1tr6 Avatar
74ls1tr6 Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove CA, USA   USA
Ok I'm game to be the first one to post up a video after the moderator.

Some may like some may not!

The intake has been changed along with throtle body, and air intake tube since this video was taken.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tr6bobnf Avatar
tr6bobnf Bob Evans
Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada   CAN
Hey Cal:
I'm not a big fan of V8 conversions in the TR6 but in this one grabbed my attention. I love that! A Corvette engine in a TR6 and done very nicely too. What's not to like? That is one sweet TR6 you have there. Would be interested in seeing more video as you put finishing touches to it. Like your dash too.
Cheers,
Bob

74ls1tr6 Avatar
74ls1tr6 Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove CA, USA   USA
Thank You for your interest Bob. The dash was made by Randy Keller in San Jose CA. He does some awesome work.

I will be posting more videos as I take a drive soon.

My build page is here if you feel like reading some 20 pages or so with lots of photos...My build page

Calvin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-11 09:05 AM by 74ls1tr6.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tr6bobnf Avatar
tr6bobnf Bob Evans
Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada   CAN
Hi Calvin:
Great stuff and a helluva lot of very nice work. Please keep posting when you get the time. Talk about a small world; my phone rings at about 2:00 pm today and it's Randy Keller responding personally by phone to my e-mail expressing interest in one of his dashes. He spent 1/2 hr telling me about his product and it's obvious he's passionate about what he does and takes great pride in his work. That's real customer service! Very stand up guy - great to deal with. Only problem is picking a dash from all the photo examples he sent me today. Leaning toward African Rosewood - Pomelle.
Cheers,
Bob

74ls1tr6 Avatar
74ls1tr6 Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove CA, USA   USA
Hi Bob,

I was lucky enough to show up at his shop in San Jose and pick my wood in person from a pile of samples( African kowazinga wood(SP?). Yes Randy is on the up and up for sure. You will be very happy with his workmanship for sure. It will look like a surfboard when you get it, were talking both sides are finished. Also, Randy makes the walnut dashes for Mossmotors. I will always push work towards Randy, because he gives out superb products.

This Sunday will be showing my Tr6 at the All British Car Show in Woodland Ca.British Car Show

Calvin

74ls1tr6 Avatar
74ls1tr6 Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove CA, USA   USA
My wife twin sons and myself went to Triumphest2011. Had a blast at the Autocross that Dennis Lambert hosted. They held the Autocross at Big Bear Airport. I have 3 videos of the 3 runs at the autocross. Probably will need to make 3 posts to get all 3 runs posted up.

Our car won 3 awards at the show. Won the coach build award, Autocross in EX class, and gold + award at the funcoures in the parking lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 03:16 PM by 74ls1tr6.

74ls1tr6 Avatar
74ls1tr6 Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove CA, USA   USA
2nd run at Triumphest 2011 Autocross.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 03:24 PM by 74ls1tr6.

74ls1tr6 Avatar
74ls1tr6 Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove CA, USA   USA
3rd run at Triumphest 2011.

Hope you all enjoy. I sure did. Would like to do more Autocrossing for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 03:26 PM by 74ls1tr6.

lodo75 Avatar
lodo75 lodewijk de Roy vZ
rotterdam, Netherlands   NLD
our Tr6 on the dyno after we did a engine rebuild.

was a us spec 105Hp california tr6, was imported to the netherland in 2000, had a lot of cosmetic work done, we bought the car in 2007. last summer did the rebuild of the engine, and bought a new gearbox with overdrive.

we increased the sompression to 9.5-1, faster cams, lighter but original flywheel, digital ignition with vacuum advance, Hif carbs.
the thing makes 122 Hp at the wheels, astimed of 145 at the crank. is a real nice drive, pretty fast as well!!
i hope u like it.

greetz

74ls1tr6 Avatar
74ls1tr6 Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove CA, USA   USA
Here is Youtube video using a Go Pro Hero2 around the country roads. I hope it is not to long at 27 minutes. I started my ls1 Tr6 in my garage, and from there took a ride around in the country. First time using a Go Pro Hero2 1080 HD camera. There might be some glitchy video driving under some trees with the sun on the camera. It did come out pretty well overall. Also used the go fast pedal in some areas, but safe driving always.

If you turn up your sound, you might feel the power of this TR6. Just imagine driving it. I'm getting 26 mph with the tune in the engine at this time. May even get close to 30 later with some more fine tuning. Using HP Tuners Pro with dynojet wideband 02 sensor just below the collector about 8" downstream. Can scan a to z with this software then load parameters into the editor + write to ecm. I was used to using a screw driver to tune, now computer software is a big learning curve, but tons of fun to see better results.

Ok I'm done flapping at the jaw here.
Cheers
Calvin

britsnspits Avatar
britsnspits Michael Stoliker
Bethlehem, PA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Phoenix"
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Lucky"
Sweet drive Calvin!

Classic understatement. "I just took off in third gear...I guess you can do that."

Not in a stock TR6 I bet. thumbs up smileygrinning smiley

74ls1tr6 Avatar
74ls1tr6 Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove CA, USA   USA
Dyno run 408.4/393.3

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-31 07:35 PM by 74ls1tr6.

Attachments:
Calvin's 1974 TR6 ls1 Dyno on a Autodyn 30.jpg    41 KB
Calvin's 1974 TR6 ls1 Dyno on a Autodyn 30.jpg

Cal dyno sheet2.jpg    23.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
74ls1tr6 Avatar
74ls1tr6 Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove CA, USA   USA
Dyno run TR6 V8 ls1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-31 07:44 PM by 74ls1tr6.

TheOpenRoad Avatar
TheOpenRoad Tony Merrygold
Warwick, Warwickshire, UK   GBR
1963 Austin-Healey 3000
1970 MG MGB
1974 Triumph TR6 "The TR6"
Here is The Open Road's 1974 Mimosa Yellow TR6 used in the BBC programme "Love me, love my kids". The programme, made by award winning programme makers, RDF Media featured a single father's search for a new girlfriend. The twist in the programme was that he didn't choose his dates, his children chose two girl friends for him. One of them took him out in our Triumph TR6 on the final date.

YouTube - TR6 - Love Love my Kids

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j41_ksce93o

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links