TR6 Seats

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

zebb747 Peter B
Notts., Notts, UK   GBR
Looking at fitting Mazda MX seats to my TR6.
Can anyone recommended the model of seats I should be looking for and is there much to do to seat runners?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sapphire Avatar
Sapphire Walt P
York, PA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1511723 by zebb747 Looking at fitting Mazda MX seats to my TR6.
Can anyone recommended the model of seats I should be looking for and is there much to do to seat runners?

Peter,
You would want the seats from the 1st generation of MX5, the NA cars, built from 1990 to 1997. The later seats are wider.
Here in the States, Rick Patton offers runners that allow for easy seat installation & removal.
Someone from the UK claimed that they got runners in the UK, but no name was given.
You might sign up on the TR Register Forums (UK), and inquire on the TR6 Forum.
Cheers
Walt

1972 CC80594U Sapphire Blue

TRoutMac Avatar
TRoutMac Pete Chadwell
Bend, Oregon, USA   USA
The Patton adapter blocks are the way to go. You actually use the Miata seat tracks, though you have to bend one end of each trackā€¦ not difficult to do. I went through this in the summer of 2016. Patton's system worked easily.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
maxd Avatar
maxd Bill D
Fort Pierce, FL, USA   USA
I don't understand why use other mounting plates when it appears you can bolt the Miata seat tracks directly to the floor?
Bill

zebb747 Peter B
Notts., Notts, UK   GBR
Thanks Bill
Did not know the seats fit straight good.

KennyMac Kenneth McIntire
Woodstock, GA, USA   USA
I'm in the middle of this exact same conversion after scoring some very nice seats on EBay. While you can mount the seats directly, it requires some layout, drilling new holes, crawling under the car to bolt them up, etc. The adaptor blocks Rick sells allow you to use the existing mounting points - the less holes in your car, the better. While the mounting blocks are not exactly cheap, they are a high quality bit of kit and will make for a much easier conversion. Any used Miata seats you find will likely be a bit dirty and ragged, so look into new, custom seat covers from mrmikes.com. I also splurged on headrest speakers from 3rdstrategy.com.

Post pictures once you're done, and good luck!

Ken

maxd Avatar
maxd Bill D
Fort Pierce, FL, USA   USA
I think if you use the existing inside front seat bolt as a starting place the rest of the layout will take care of itself.
Bill

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1969 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links