AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ChicagoTR Avatar
ChicagoTR Robert Zoboski
Chicago, IL, USA   USA
Greetings and happy new year to all.

Seven years ago I started a ground up restoration of a 1976 TR6. I am happy to say that I am nearing completion and all I have left is to finish installing/wiring the harness, the interior, stereo, and lights. I would REALLY like to have things sorted by April of this year. I took the liberty of purchasing the advanced auto wire harness and power block and I was able to put approximately 400 enjoyable miles on the car last summer with brake lights :-). However, I wish to complete this project by April and enjoy it for the rest of the summer. I'm happy to say that I have personally performed 90% of the restoration, but the wiring harness, reading schematics, and sorting the electronics has been a daunting task for the past three months. I have been around and around trying to figure out how to wire the instrument panel, and I just can't figure it out. I ordered the instruction manual (Dan Masters) and started to read it, but unfortunately, my work schedule, family, and other obligations have rendered my time very thin.

Therefore, I need some help. I'm in a suburb of Chicago (Plainfield) and I would like to reach out to anyone that can help me finish the wiring so I can move forward with the interior. I would like to take on this project myself, as I have completed most of it myself, but I'm realizing fast that the learning curve is a bit much for me based on the available time that I have.

If anyone has had experience with advanced auto wire power block and wiring the instrument panel, I would very much like to commission you to help me.

Thank you in advance, and I wish everyone a healthy, prosperous, and happy motoring 2018.

Robert

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSCF0550.JPG    61.3 KB
DSCF0550.JPG

DSCF0551.JPG    51.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSCF0552.JPG    42.6 KB
bikeboy Avatar
bikeboy Silver Member Ian F
Lara, Victoria, Australia   AUS
I'm afraid I'm unable to help you with your problem, but just had to say that is one beautifully painted body. What is that stunning colour?

I hope you get your wiring sorted and the car on the road soon.

cheers
ian

ChicagoTR Avatar
ChicagoTR Robert Zoboski
Chicago, IL, USA   USA
Many thanks Ian,
Color: 2016 Camaro 'Blue me away'
Robert

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Reddragon Avatar
Reddragon Dale M
Chesapeake, VA, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "Road Runner"
1974 Triumph TR6 "Tweety"
Robert

Have you tried to get in touch with the ISOA? Or any other club in your area?

http://www.snic-braaapp.com/

The Triumph club that i am a member of has what we call tech sessions when one of our member's need help with a problem such as yours. I have put two of the Advance harnesses in members car , in some cases the wiring colors are not quite like original, but following the instructions and the wiring diagram should get you through the process.

Good luck and happy motoring Red

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Reddragon put you onto something.
I've met a bunch of Triumph owners who belong to ISOA.
You couldn't do better than getting involved with them.

ChicagoTR Avatar
ChicagoTR Robert Zoboski
Chicago, IL, USA   USA
Ok, you guys were 'spot on'. I reached out to ISOA and they are a very professional, passionate, well organized, and expert group of technicians,....., and musicians! I had the opportunity to attend their annual Bash and had a great time. Very good people and very helpful. I'm back in the saddle and they have my back. Thanks to everyone here in general and the ISOA in particular.
I'll get back to the forum on my progress:-)
Robert

Attachments:
ACTP0009.JPG    68.9 KB
ACTP0009.JPG

ACTP0014.JPG    65.9 KB
ACTP0015.JPG    64.2 KB
poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Great looking work place.

ChicagoTR Avatar
ChicagoTR Robert Zoboski
Chicago, IL, USA   USA
I would like to know if there is any interest here for me posting pictures and videos of the wiring process as I proceed.? It may be helpful for some members that have this task coming up in the future. Also, it may be helpful for me as well if I get 'stuck' along the way. Thoughts?
Robert

GAJ Graham J
Carlisle, ON, Canada   CAN
Any additional resources for future restorers would be valuable.

Mikerla Avatar
Mikerla Gold Member Mike Ruoppoli
Pineville, LA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1512050 by GAJ Any additional resources for future restorers would be valuable.

Ditto please do!

Thanks,

Mike

72 TR6 - in the process of frame off resto
Planned:
HDVA conversion with R200 and RG's CVC axles
Miata seats

rlberry Avatar
rlberry Robert Berry
Dallas, TX, USA   USA
I would love to see as much as possible of this process. I plan on doing the same upgrade in the future but am just starting my restoration.

Wire wheel guy Jim Smith
Baton Rouge, LA, USA   USA
Put me on the list also Robert. I have my advance auto wire harness in a box patiently awaiting installation.
I will tell you that until three years ago, I had no experience in auto wiring and was intimidated by wiring diagrams. Since then I have re-wired three other cars with either the Painless harness or one from ez wiring. Both went well, but the painless harness came with superior instructions that are posted on the internet. All went very well even through the learning process and generic applications.
That said, the advance harness looks and feels far superior in every way.
Jim

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links