New mechanic to the rescue.

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

esmith Ed Smith
Knoxville, Tenn, USA   USA
On a club outing last Saturday the brake light switch on my 72 TR6 gave up. I secured a new one and started the installation last night. I am a fairly big guy and just fit in the car comfortably however I do not fit under the dash at all. After being in the garage longer than she thought I should, my sweet wife came down to check on me. Seeing my predicament she sprang into action. We removed the drivers side seat, she slid under the dash ,and in 15 minutes we had working brake lights. The only little hitch was that the mounting bracket had to be bent to bent for the switch to work. Next time I would probably spend the extra $10 and get the adjustable switch from Moss.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
There are better quality switches used on other cars such as Toyotas and BMW's.

Unfortunatly the plastc switches commonly available do not last long.

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
My assistant with small hands and body is often called upon, too.
One of her jobs have been outsourced to Speed Bleeders, with no complaints from her, though.
BTW, if you want brake light switch options:
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/AltBrakeSwitch.htm

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Gypsy Rose T..."
Just use a GM switch from the 1970s through 90s... Different shape, (cylindrical vs. square, but same size dia. threaded area) but will fit the mount, and WORK. The new repro I got a few years back from one of the major dealers FELL APART without ever working!

Scott

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links