AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
Grimsby, ON, Canada   CAN
Hi all,

I was gutting my passenger door to replace/refurbish any dodgy components and came across a large washer lying in the bottom of the door. I have checked online and all the parts drawings and cannot, for life of me, find where it belongs. It wasn't there when I started. It's the one leaning on the spanner (wrench).

Can anyone suggest where it lives?

Thanks
Andy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
2017-12-13 16.59.38.jpg    43.4 KB
2017-12-13 16.59.38.jpg

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Looks more like a distance piece (spacer) laying against your spanner (wrench)..winking smiley

gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
Grimsby, ON, Canada   CAN
Hey Ken,

Yeah it sure looks that way but no clue what it was doing in there!

In reply to # 1502637 by poolboy Looks more like a distance piece (spacer) laying against your spanner (wrench)..winking smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Gypsy Rose T..."
I believe it is one of the distance washers for the window tracks. Besides that, I'd say put it back exactly where you found it... TR6s are VERY finely balanced cars, using the utmost of English precision workmanship to stabilize and laterally balance the vehicle. This washer was obviously a precision set balance augmenter- and as we all know, the removal of such an augmenter could negatively effect the vehicle! Without that weight in the proper place, the car could cut fast through a curve, have a hyperspace spin, and end up in another dimension- something none of us really want to experience (again)! Or not.

Scott
PS- pretty sure it is simply an extra spacer that got dropped during manufacture...

Reddragon Avatar
Reddragon Dale M
Chesapeake, VA, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "Road Runner"
1974 Triumph TR6 "Tweety"
Andrew

Like Ken stated. it is a spacer. It probable came off the front or rear window track keepers at the top tightening points,

If you can slide your window a little front to back when fully raised than you need to replace it. Positioning will be dictated by how close or far the glass is to the the windshield frame.

Red

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1964 Triumph TR4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links