AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ponced Silver Member Dan Pollard
Huntsville, AL, USA   USA
1969 Triumph TR6
1969 Triumph TR6 "PONCE TR"
Good idea. I will try that. Thanks again. Happy new year. I really like your wire wheel TR.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Doubledroptop Avatar
Doubledroptop David Freet
Chandler, AZ, USA   USA
1971 Triumph TR6 "White Ghost"
Dan
The front is suppose to align with the pins that are in the hardtop(see Photo) Make sure you adjust the underside rear bumpers to allow 1/16 inch clearance when top is bolted down. You can see one of them in my photo. Clearance is checked at the rear most point. I use cereal box cardboard as a guage to be sure the top and body are not touching causing paint scratch. If you leave the top on it might cause a black spot from the rear rubber bumpers. I buff mine out but my paint is really old, Be sure to install the rear two bolts first and leave all bolts loose till all are installed then carefully and evenly tighten them all down keeping an eye on the rear points. Good luck with your install. Any more questions do not hesitate to ask.
Dave

1969 Triumph TR6
Hardtop installed and fits good. Thanks David and others for pictures, guidance, hints, and tricks. Danny

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Ponce TR hardtop coupe~.jpg    49.2 KB
Ponce TR hardtop coupe~.jpg

1969 Triumph TR6
Hi Tim. I used your method with all thread stub and got the front to line up and seat. Hardtop installed now. Thx, Danny

Attachments:
Ponce TR hardtop coupe~.jpg    49.2 KB
Ponce TR hardtop coupe~.jpg

shynsy Avatar
shynsy tim dafforn
Kenilworth UK, Warwickshire, UK   GBR
Excellent. Glad it helped

LGMTR6 Avatar
LGMTR6 Larry Miceli
Mount Dora, FL, USA   USA
1952 MG TD
1954 MG TF 1500
1958 Triumph TR3A
1967 MG MGB GT    & more
Wow, lots of great information here! I had the exact same issue when I installed my hard top about 9 years ago. I couldn't use the spacers in the header rail either. But I finally figured out why. When I restored the car, the windshield frame was removed. When I reinstalled it, it went back in a slightly different angle than before. I'd never noticed it as the soft top is obviously more flexible. So the answer was to loosen the windshield frame enough to reposition it such that the hardtop aligned correctly. Yes, it was a real pain in the neck, but it did the trick for me. Just remember to tighten the windshield frame hardware when you get the angle correct. Hope this helps.

Larry Miceli
Mount Dora, Florida

52 MG TD (restored)
54 MG TF 1500 (project)
56 Triumph TR3 (project)
67 MGB GT (restored)
68 MGC GT (nice driver)
68 Triumph TR 250 (nice driver)
71 Triumph Stag (driver)
73 Triumph Stag (project)
74 Triumph TR6 (restored)

I've just never really figured out the "sell one when you get another" part of it all...

Attachments:
IMG_3898.JPG    28.8 KB
IMG_3898.JPG

1969 Triumph TR6
Hi Larry. I think the windshield tilt (caused by windshield/rubber removal during restoration) was my issue also. I was afraid to mess with those bolts nuts that hold the windshield frame so i just drilled and increased the hole size a little. After that the windshield screws went thru even with the spacers. The rear deck screws barely lined up. Nice car inventory. Do you have a reasonable insurance company and cost that allows you to drive most of the cars? Thx. Danny

LGMTR6 Avatar
LGMTR6 Larry Miceli
1952 MG TD
1954 MG TF 1500
1958 Triumph TR3A
1967 MG MGB GT    & more
Danny,
Yes, they are all on collector car insurance through JC Taylor, but there are a lot of good specialty collector car insurance companies. I think Haggerty is the biggest but there's also Grundy and a few others. Insurance for the whole group is about the same cost as for one regular car on my GEICO policy, and with very good coverage as well. The only restriction is you have to have a separate daily driver and not use the collector car for work purposes. The days of limited mileage and parade use only are long gone!

Larry Miceli
Mount Dora, Florida

52 MG TD (restored)
54 MG TF 1500 (project)
56 Triumph TR3 (project)
67 MGB GT (restored)
68 MGC GT (nice driver)
71 Triumph Stag (driver)

I've just never really figured out the "sell one when you get another" part of it all...

1969 Triumph TR6
Ok. Thanks. Does JC Taylor insist on insuring your regular driver or do they just want proof that it is insured?

LGMTR6 Avatar
LGMTR6 Larry Miceli
1952 MG TD
1954 MG TF 1500
1958 Triumph TR3A
1967 MG MGB GT    & more
No, they don't insure daily drivers. They just want to make sure you have something else to drive every day and not the collector cars.

Larry Miceli
Mount Dora, Florida

52 MG TD (restored)
54 MG TF 1500 (project)
56 Triumph TR3 (project)
67 MGB GT (restored)
68 MGC GT (nice driver)
71 Triumph Stag (driver)

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links