Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TimK73TR6 Timothy Knight
La, Gretna, USA   USA
Hi All

I have a simple sounding problem that I've fixed many times in the past on other cars by no luck on my sick 73TR6. A few months back I replaced front pads and rebuilt the calipers. After bleeding the brakes all was well and the brakes worked well all summer. Last week I noticed fluid leaking from the master cylinder weap hole located on the base of the master cylinder. I ordered a new replacement m/c from TRF installed it and now I have tiny micro size air bubbles at all 4 wheels causing the fluid to look like shaken cola. After multiple attempts at bleeding the problem has not improved at all and the pedal drops to the floor when pushed.

I'm sure I'm not the first.....what am I missing folks?
Many Thanks!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, new york, USA   USA
Maybe the valve nuts aren't tight enough allowing air to get back in after bleeding seen someone smear some grease around them to stop any air getting in.even if theirs some air in the lines you should be getting some pressure if it goes down to the floor maybe the MC is bad

glcaines Avatar
glcaines Silver Member Gary Caines
Hiawassee, Georgia, USA   USA
You obviously have a faulty MC. Just because it is relatively new doesn't mean that it hasn't failed. I once put on a new in the box MC and it was faulty. Dismantling it showed that the rubber seal on the piston was split. Once the MC is replaced, you will need to flush the entire system with new brake fluid to clean out any trapped air.

Current: 1973 TR6 W/Overdrive

Previous:
1963 TR3B W/Overdrive
1962 TR3A
1961 TR3A
1960 TR3A
1960 TR3A

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
What method are you using to bleed the brakes? Vacuum pump?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster