AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Auto transport
  This topic is about my 1967 Triumph Herald 1200
Bills542003 Bill Snyder
Hendersonville, North Carolina, USA   USA
Am shipping a car from Oregon to North Carolina and need a decent shipper. Seems every company says they are great and all their competitors stink. Am always suspicious of sellers who are critical of their competitors. Anyone have any experience having a car moved in the past few years? Can you recommend a carrier?

Thanks
BIll

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
boulderroller Avatar
boulderroller Silver Member Brian Cunningham
Farmington, Connecticut, USA   USA
1973 Triumph TR6 "Liz"
recent discussion on 6-Pack
Vehicle shipping

1973 TR6 CF4325U
"A" Type OD
Dual Webers

erictr6 Avatar
erictr6 eric l
Denver, NC, USA   USA
I shipped my TR8 twice, once from Media PA to Denver NC by Horseless Carriage and then from Denver NC to Gulfport FL by Reliable Carriers.
First I reviewed the open transport carriers, the ones that attached the trailer to their 5th wheel truck. Just didn't feel comfortable with any of them and take the chance a stone or bird hits the car. They can be 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of a covered national transporter but I elected to go with the two I described above. Both the sales guy, dispatcher and driver were professional and careful with my 8.
Don't be shocked at the prices, its not cheap for a cross country trip.And if you ever are passing through Denver, look me up.
Good Luck!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1739.JPG    64.8 KB
IMG_1739.JPG

Sierra 6 Avatar
Sierra 6 Steve Wylie
Litchfield Park, Arizona, USA   USA
When I was transferred from Carson City to Phoenix, I used Reliable Carriers to transport my TR6, TR8, and Land Rover Disco.
Very professional, I would not hesitate to use them again. Admittedly, a little bit of a pucker moment seeing the cars up on the raised platform hanging in mid-air.

Attachments:
IMG_4766.JPG    45.5 KB
IMG_4766.JPG

IMG_4768.JPG    46.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster