Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BigChill Avatar
BigChill Silver Member Big Chill
Norwood, Massachusetts, USA   USA
Probably another dumb question, but there is a huge difference in price between stock shock absorbers and the uprated ones, Koni's or Spax - like $300 or so.

Are the upgrades worth it for a daily driver type of car???

Thanks in advance,

Big Chill

'75 TR6 slowly coming back from the dead...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
HuffDaddy Avatar
HuffDaddy Scott H
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Huff Daddy"
Big Chill,
How are your springs and bushings?

I have front Koni’s (and rear) for about three years and love them. I thought them well worth it. At the same time I replaced the bushings with poly and later swapped out springs to sport springs.

Your TR6 is capable of riding and handling better, especially for a daily driver. Just depends on how much you want to spend in terms of time and money.

My 2cents,
Scott Huff

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, Mississippi, USA   USA
You usually have to pay a lot for the adjustability...that may well end up adjusted the same as a non-adjustable shock.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1500022 by BigChill Probably another dumb question, but there is a huge difference in price between stock shock absorbers and the uprated ones, Koni's or Spax - like $300 or so.

Are the upgrades worth it for a daily driver type of car???

Thanks in advance,

BigChill --- It's only worth it $$$ wise if you plan on keeping your TR for a long time.I bought my Konis in 1983 and now have about 250,000 miles on them. And the price back then was $86 pr. eye popping smiley I've only found the need to adjust them once in the last 20 years. (If I do it again, I will go softer, as the roads here in So. Cal. are getting rougher...)

Dick

BigChill Avatar
BigChill Silver Member Big Chill
Norwood, Massachusetts, USA   USA
Thanks for the useful feedback, folks.

I will notify the heirs that the inheritance is getting a bit smaller.... smiling smiley

Jim

Big Chill

'75 TR6 slowly coming back from the dead...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster