AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Stiff windows
  This topic is about my 1969 Triumph TR6
Statik Timothy Kunz
Baden, PA, USA   USA
My Tr6 windows are stiff going up and down . To where I have to help it by grabbing the window and pulling or pushing. Could the gears just need a good lube ? If so what's the best way to get the handles off?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1499976 by Statik My Tr6 windows are stiff going up and down . To where I have to help it by grabbing the window and pulling or pushing. Could the gears just need a good lube ? If so what's the best way to get the handles off?

Punch out the .125 pins that hold the door opener and window winder handles. With the door card removed you'll see where adding some lube can help with the effort to change the window glass position. (I used the WD-40 brand with silicon squirted into the mechanism) Put the window winder handle back on and work it up and down, up and down. Repeat till it frees up.
Many of us replace these handle pins using a stick of .125 drill rod, cut partially thru at 1/2 inch intervals. Put the rod into the exposed holes and snap off this piece.

Dick

Statik Timothy Kunz
Baden, PA, USA   USA
Sounds Great ! Ill give it a shot and let you know Thank you!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster