AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Speedometer main beam indication
  This topic is about my 1975 Triumph TR6
gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Well......my blue main beam indicator broke which in turn realesed the anchor point for the meters needle stop. Closer inspection revealed that the little blue lense broke in two, I'm open to any suggestions on how to fix this.
I have a feeling I'm gonna have to buy a replacement speedo just for this little part!

Cheers
Andy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, new york, USA   USA
Are you talking about the little blue thing on the dial if you can post a pic I might have it

gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
Hi Ralph, yes I do mean the little blue thing that's alongside the little Amber thing. If you have one that you are willing to part with, that would be fantastic.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20171126_085936.jpg    27.6 KB
20171126_085936.jpg

rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, new york, USA   USA
yes I have it send me a prepaid envelope that has protection and I will send you the whole dial face this thing iv very fragile don't want to try to just pop it out I know your in Canada if that works for you pm me and i'll send you my address

ed.h Ed Hollingsworth
Omaha, Nebraska, USA   USA
Mine broke in the same way and I was able to glue it back together. It's held for a couple of years now.

More pics at http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-40/TR6-40.html

Ed

Attachments:
SDC12162a.JPG    37.9 KB
SDC12162a.JPG

SDC12157a.JPG    35.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
In reply to # 1499895 by rjc157 yes I have it send me a prepaid envelope that has protection and I will send you the whole dial face this thing iv very fragile don't want to try to just pop it out I know your in Canada if that works for you pm me and i'll send you my address

Hi Ralph,

Sent you a PM, let me know if you got it cuz it states none sent at my end?

gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
In reply to # 1499905 by ed.h Mine broke in the same way and I was able to glue it back together. It's held for a couple of years now.

More pics at http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-40/TR6-40.html

Ed

Hey Ed,

Exactly the same as my issue, I tried to do the same thing to fix it but I thought it best to clean the bits first with a cleaner. Sadly it dissolved the plastic so now it's toast, spot the brain cell!!!! What can I say, it's been many years since I worked on cars, I was 18 back then and living in the U.K.

Andy

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster